What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

SnuggleTM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Morning!!! It's 5:50am. Woke up, figured I'd check my dragons. Have a LYD and have been trying for second using same combo of Love and Cold (both breeding spots). Maybe it's because I don't care anymore, or didn't think it possible, but I changed one of the combos to Love and Iceberg and I have another LYD on the way!!!!!! :) It is possible without level 19 dragons. Mine are 15 and I think 12. Give it a go guys. Oh, and I haven't read any posts as obviously have been asleep, so forgive me if this has happened to lots of people. Back to sleep now. Night, night ...

Selenite7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't give up on a 2nd LYD!!!

Just got another!! Perhaps since today is actually the Leap day? And that today is the last day to get the dragon.

Used Blazing/Mud this time, thought at least maybe I'd get another Panlong from it...Nope! It also is 14 hrs, 30 mins!!!

:)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Flattsfanatic71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW, I was really gonna give up on the Leap Year. :(

As I tried ad nauseum the past couple days...tried Love/Cold - Cold/Love...got many Firefly, Scorch, Storm and then Moon. :p
So in the BC I tried the popular combo of Panlong/Love. Grr...got 24 hrs (Crystal). So bummed and ready to throw in the towel on the whole thing...

So I waited hours...then decided to speed up the EBI, so I wouldn't waste all my gems. I checked the forum and wrote down some other successful combos.
Then late last night, I put a Fog and Scorch in the EBI --- checked the time --- 14 hrs, 30 min!!!! Woo hoo!!

Yay!!. Don't think I'll speed up the egg just yet, kinda like how it looks in the hatchery! Gonna have to toss one of Rainbows into hibernation.

Congratulations!!! :) It's such a great feeling to finally get it! I know what you mean about seeing it in the hatchery, I didn't speed mine up either! It was just kind of nice to see it there! Aren't you glad you didn't give up!?!

Flattsfanatic71

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Just got another!! Perhaps since today is actually the Leap day? And that today is the last day to get the dragon.

Used Blazing/Mud this time, thought at least maybe I'd get another Panlong from it...Nope! It also is 14 hrs, 30 mins!!!

Oh wow! Congratulations!! You are one of the few that I've heard to get a second! Good job!!!

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure is!
I currently have a moon, sun, and leap year egg in my nursery!
I tried to keep gem usage to a minimum and used less than 60...the only reason it's that high is because I upgraded to hold 4 eggs.

GC ID: Steffany_W

Good for you! Congrats! Glad you didn't go through too many gems.

Flattsfanatic71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Morning!!! It's 5:50am. Woke up, figured I'd check my dragons. Have a LYD and have been trying for second using same combo of Love and Cold (both breeding spots). Maybe it's because I don't care anymore, or didn't think it possible, but I changed one of the combos to Love and Iceberg and I have another LYD on the way!!!!!! :) It is possible without level 19 dragons. Mine are 15 and I think 12. Give it a go guys. Oh, and I haven't read any posts as obviously have been asleep, so forgive me if this has happened to lots of people. Back to sleep now. Night, night ...

OMG! Another one!!! Congrats!! Maybe I need to go back to trying again!!

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got my leap year dragon...after spending 100 gems. 50 for upgrading the nursery and the rest for going faster. If I understood correctly it is useless to try for a second? I follow this forum from a long time but it is my first participation. Good luck to all.

Svde1980

Welcome to the forum! Congrats! :thumbs: It sure isn't looking good for most for a 2nd...

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

For real? Omg! Congrats!

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Omg! You guys are not messing around right? Lol. Congrats!

15donahun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten 2 or more LYD's so far?!?!

EDIT: I just proved it possible to get 2 leap year dragons! I have one and I just put in snow and scorch and got 14:30 mins!

Last edited:

15donahun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
They've opened the gates - you can get your second LYD now. I got it first try with love/cold.

Poppy

Right as you said that I got my second haha

tristan97tfj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Noooooooooo got 2 48 hour times and i cant buy gems and now you can breed the second lyd :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

GCID tristan97tfj :) 8)(without the smileys)

Most reactions

Latest posts