What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale rare breeding guide....no guarantees & no friend requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdragonlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Today I bred Cold and Scorch again for the umpteenth time, and got 48 hours. So fingers crossed it is 48 hours.

I do hope this link is OK. it's not social networking but. DV site with a calculator so you can enter dragon x level and see what combos are possible. There is a page on each dragon with % of dragons from each breeding combo, a page of eggs. If you sign up, it's free, when you enter breeding results it sets up your own page so you have a record of breeding results. I find it fantastic. Apologies of you all know about it, but I haven't seen mention of it on this forum. I have no personal stake in this site, just find it very helpful. http://dragonvale.cyphun.com/ , cheers, Kim

drdragonlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drdragonlady said:
Hi everyone. Today I bred Cold and Scorch again for the umpteenth time, and got 48 hours. So fingers crossed it is 48 hours.

I do hope this link is OK. it's not social networking but. DV site with a calculator so you can enter dragon x level and see what combos are possible. There is a page on each dragon with % of dragons from each breeding combo, a page of eggs. If you sign up, it's free, when you enter breeding results it sets up your own page so you have a record of breeding results. I find it fantastic. Apologies of you all know about it, but I haven't seen mention of it on this forum. I have no personal stake in this site, just find it very helpful. http://dragonvale.cyphun.com/ , cheers, Kim

Meant to add, fingers crossed it is a Moon. Definitely 48 hrs.

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drdragonlady said:
Fletch,I'm illiterate in acronyms. What does G L stand for?

Good luck ......an fingers crossed for a moon for you x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10 my sons GCID coxy 26

dragonwish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drdragonlady said:

Thanks for the tip! I tried cold and scorch on my sons island and got a 48 hr!! Considering he does not have any rare other then the LYD he is going to be bouncing off the walls when I tell him!!!

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Woohoo congrats to you and your son x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10 my sons GCID coxy 26

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So I'm still trying for moon, rainbow, sandstorm

The info we have on those dragons at the moment is:

Sandstorm is Air + Earth Hybrid like Mud or Quake. It has ~6% chance of being bred in Normal Breeding Cave and ~10% chance of being bred in Epic Breeding Island.

Moon is the same combination that creates Sun, and it needs a Cold Element and a Lightning Element. There is about a 5% chance of breeding one in either Breeding location BUT it seems that when the combination connects, if it's between 7am and 7pm (according to the clock on the iPhone/iPad) it's a Sun Dragon. If it's between 7pm and 7am it's a Moon Dragon. So if you're trying for a Moon I suggest messing with your clock to keep it Night time ... for the moment. We are still testing.

Rainbow seems to be any combination with 4 Elements, so there is a lot of combinations that will work. It only has a 1 or 2 % chance of success in either Breeding location. So basically GL with that one.

Hannah_Vibbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this updated! I love being able to come straight to this thread when I'm trying to find combos. I live the other DV threads but this is just SO convenient!! Thanks again!!

~~ Hannah

dragonwish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fletch_smf said:
Rainbow seems to be any combination with 4 Elements, so there is a lot of combinations that will work. It only has a 1 or 2 % chance of success in either Breeding location. So basically GL with that one.

Do I have a greater chance of getting rainbow if I breed with a panlong?

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do I have a greater chance of getting rainbow if I breed with a panlong?

Extensive testing hasn't been done on all combinations, but I think the chance of getting a Rainbow (or any Dragon) is the same no matter what combo you use. The servers check to see if you have right elements to make any of the rares and "roll the dice" to see if it comes up on the right number. Rainbow has less than 1% chance to breed so it's just a matter of keeping on trying. The EBI boosts the chance of some dragons, and although I haven't tested it yet, I would think Rainbow would be one of those that gets boosted. GL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts