What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading iOS 5 Right now!!!!!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Ok, I took the plunge!! It was only 14 minutes and now my iPad is syncing!!

Extracting software now-iPad just shut off. Almost home. "iTunes is preparing to restore on this iPad."

indeana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to download the update for both the iPhone 4 and iPad in 10 minutes. Gonna install it later.

susieb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just began to download...it says 5 hours???!!! Oy. I am sure it's worth the wait.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is on it's last stages of restoring process. So far it is taken about 30 minutes with 3 errors.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone struggles getting iTunes to complete the download, consider downloading the file directly to your desktop from our thread here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Then, once it is downloaded, shift-click (windows) or option-click (OSX) the restore button in iTunes and it will let you select the file you just downloaded.

iTunes can time out, particularly when the whole world is trying to install IOS5 at once!

laurieb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It only took me about 10 minutes to do it all.

All my apps are gone though? Do I have install everyone again??

Please help.

Thanks

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think my major problem is because I have f*ing Vista. Third attempt, it's at 41 minutes remaining. I pray to God it works this time.

Most reactions

Latest posts