What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading iOS 5 Right now!!!!!!

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad is now updated with IOS 5 . It took about 35 minutes with 4 error messages. You need to set up from the openning screen. If you have the iPad 1 you will not have access to the multi gesturing feature.

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the error loads of times it was driving me mad but I kept with it and now using my iPad 2 ios 5 am trying airplay out with my Apple tv and love it

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took about 20 min for me then I got an error saying cant back up ipad from restore,so I tried again,no luck 2nd time. I checked the iPad and the thing is completely wiped clean, so its back to the drawing board to what happened. When I tried to open the ipad it said do you want to restore from Itunes or start new,I selected from iTunes so that is where I am right now trying to restore again before loading IOS 5. I have another ipad to do plus a ipod and Iphone, I hope Im not in for a lot of trouble.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No you are not. The servers are jammed. The process of restoring from back up is part of this firm update.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really enjoy the split key boards, iCloud and multi gesturing features so far , not to mention tabbing in safari.

lees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took about 15 try's to do this afternoon, but it finally stopped giving the 324 error and worked.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double click on lock screen and you will see the camera. Use the volume control to click and take a picture . It is easier to take a picture with IOS 5.

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too like the split keyboard, iCloud. I also like iMessage and the notifications bar at the top. It was worth all the hassle lol

Yaminashi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you guys go about backing up everything before you update?
Or is it all linked to your itunes account and just reinstall after?

(Never updated an apple product before)

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you guys go about backing up everything before you update?
Or is it all linked to your itunes account and just reinstall after?

(Never updated an apple product before)
Once you plug in your I device in the ITune should start backing up your information, pictures , apps etc. do this before updating.

ronsears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aldo said:
Im having to resync all my apps so waiting for that, the new things are messages, newstand amd reminders so far that I can see

My iPad 1 installed an d works but I get no synch anymore...is it now without notification (the synch process)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh boy, iOS 5 has 4 hours remaining right now. I'm at my parents' house putting iOS 5 on my mom's iPhone 4. She is not going to be happy.

In other news, my dad told me he bought Apple stock today. Go dad! :D

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a first gen iPad and iPad2 done today. I'm working on a iPhone 4 now and the Mobile Me to iCloud switch so I don't get double contacts and calander events

Most reactions

Latest posts