What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you Ios 5 yet?

Caligula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's already Wednesday in Aussie so are you downloading Ios 5 yet?. It's 22:25 tuesday here in the UK...........wondering if Ios 5 will be available to d/l on the stroke of midnight?

Gmama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Perth west aust and no joy yet. (as at 07:00 WST)

OP
C

Caligula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that Gmama, it looks as though it'll be available at around 6pm for us in the UK, so, I'm off up the wooden hills to Bedfordshire. ;)

Gmama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ITunes showing as 4.3.5 - most current version. still keep going back to check, no change. I can't believe how time this is consuming for me!!
I have both the iPhone 4 32g and ipad2 32g. Trying to convince my 'lo-tech' hubby he really needs a smart phone for work so should 'have' mine and I'll upgrade to 4s (would also prefer white phone to match my iPad) god, this sounds so tragic written down! Into my second week annual leave, way too much time on my hands...

kingkennyno1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Don't forget to download the latest version of iTunes. Do it now so you can just download iOS5.

Apple - iTunes - Everything you need to be entertained.

Hi sweet ure the one with all the answers I've tried to upgrade my iPhone 4 don't Ask me how but I've lost all my contacts is there any way to retrieve these I have my apps on my iPad but no phone numbers . Right now I'm restoring my phone but I dont think my contacts will be there just my music n apps . Gutted if I lose them but pretty stupid to try for upgrade as getting 4s on Friday

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ITunes showing as 4.3.5 - most current version. still keep going back to check, no change. I can't believe how time this is consuming for me!!
I have both the iPhone 4 32g and ipad2 32g. Trying to convince my 'lo-tech' hubby he really needs a smart phone for work so should 'have' mine and I'll upgrade to 4s (would also prefer white phone to match my iPad) god, this sounds so tragic written down! Into my second week annual leave, way too much time on my hands...
No need to keep checking.

As Ms. Poison pointed out, Apple iTunes 10.5 is available now.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

iOS 5 will be released Tuesday, October 12th most likely at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. (PDT) as have almost all previous upgrades. :)

Time Zone Converter

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sweet ure the one with all the answers I've tried to upgrade my iPhone 4 don't Ask me how but I've lost all my contacts is there any way to retrieve these I have my apps on my iPad but no phone numbers . Right now I'm restoring my phone but I dont think my contacts will be there just my music n apps . Gutted if I lose them but pretty stupid to try for upgrade as getting 4s on Friday
If you're restoring from a previous backup your contacts should be there.

Once iOS 5 is out, be sure to use the iCloud sync feature for your Calendar, Contacts, etc. I've been using Apple's Mobile Me for that for several years, syncing all of my Macs, my iPad, iPhone, etc. and would be lost without it!

Gmama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the converter...now means I set my alarm for 1am Perth time Thursday 13th.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you backed up the iPad or iPhone first before updating you can revert to back up. Please provide more information regard the address book issue ( pc or Mac etc etc)so we may assist. I am in Albury , Victoria on way ho me to Brisbane and will update all phones and iPads tomorrow.

Make sure one installs iTunes update first. Then BACK up any devices before installing the iso5 upgrade. After upgrade you then will be asked to restore from back up and if you have more than one you can select the latest. Once completed I recommend holding down the home button and on/off keys until White Apple Logo appears . I only do this as it avoids initial hiccups however most w I'll not bother...... Have fun enjoy

tristaned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you backed up the iPad or iPhone first before updating you can revert to back up. Please provide more information regard the address book issue ( pc or Mac etc etc)so we may assist. I am in Albury , Victoria on way ho me to Brisbane and will update all phones and iPads tomorrow.

Make sure one installs iTunes update first. Then BACK up any devices before installing the iso5 upgrade. After upgrade you then will be asked to restore from back up and if you have more than one you can select the latest. Once completed I recommend holding down the home button and on/off keys until White Apple Logo appears . I only do this as it avoids initial hiccups however most w I'll not bother...... Have fun enjoy

sir, forgive my ignorance on this matter, but, can you explain how to back-up as I am a new apple product-owner and don't have much knowledge regarding this...thanks in advance...

Gmama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bilby210 said:
I am told that iOS5 will be available 14th. OCT in Australia, it is 4.18pm now 13th Oct. Presumably at 12.01 am all will be revealed.

Are you sure? It is still Wed the 12th here on the west coast (Perth) So is the 14th the actual date or do you mean tomorrow?

Most reactions

Latest posts