What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download and payment?

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ive already downloaded Itunes on to my PC and i no that when you get the Ipad you got to sync with the PC first for itunes. So do you download the Apps,TV shows,Movies etc on your PC from itunes store and then sync it with the Ipad and it transfers them the the ipad or, can you download them using wierless on the ipad and not sync.

Also will itunes store be accepting paypal as a payment as that be alot easier in the future and i prefer paypal then my card online. If you no what i mean. I am looking for the free apps at the moment and tv shows if any good ones and downloading them in time so when my ipad comes ive got them already. Im just double checking if this is the right way to do it first by downloading to pc then syncing it to the ipad.

PS not got my ipad yet but preorded I think i got the ipad buzz hehe

PPS Also can you have iphone apps and other things what got the I in it on the ipad?.

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the iPad you can do both PC <-> iPad in several cases using iTunes.

They won't take PayPal, but you can buy prepaid iTunes cards many places. I don't have my CC linked to iTunes either.

Yeah, you can use iPhone apps but they look like pixelated poo. Some apps are universal so pay attention to that when buying. Some of my iPhone apps were already universal.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
you can download them on either.

If you download on the PC you will have to sync the ipad to transfer it over to the ipad.
If you download it on the iPad, its a good idea to synce with the computer just to have a backup of it on your computer just incase anything happens to the ipad.

OP
S

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies :D

Also if you format your computer for some reason which whipes everything does the films, tv,shows etc what you brought also go or is it when you download the itunes again and log in as normal everything be there or will you have to pay again?. Thanks

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My understanding is that if you get them from iTunes originally, you can re-download them after a crash or after getting a new PC. Stuff you drag into iTunes from your hard drive (not originally from Apple) would be lost tho.

I'm sure someone will pop in to confirm.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't speak for movies or tv shows because I haven't bought any yet but the apps will always appear as purchased if you use the same sign on. You can also transfer purchases to other laptops or pc's for sharing and backup with a max of 5.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also will itunes store be accepting paypal as a payment as that be alot easier in the future and i prefer paypal then my card online. If you no what i mean..

Something I would like to add here, Yes you can use Paypal if you have a business account with a PayPal supplied debit card. Mine is issued from Paypal but attaches to my normal checking account, if you don't have the funds in the PayPal account, it automatically draws from the checking.

I got my business account years ago when PayPal was still in its infancy, so Im unsure whether it is still something feasible.

On each app purchase, I get an e-mail from PayPal and also my iTunes account showing payment receipt.

Something to check into if you are really that interested in using PayPal.

Cady

iPF Noob
Reaction score

They won't take PayPal, but you can buy prepaid iTunes cards many places. I don't have my CC linked to iTunes either.

Yeah, you can use iPhone apps but they look like pixelated poo. Some apps are universal so pay attention to that when buying. Some of my iPhone apps were already universal.

I just got my iPad and I am very new to all of this. Can you set up an iTunes account without your credit card details? If possible I don't want to use my credit card for purchases. Where can you get these "prepaid card"?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back up the computer after you have down loaded every thing. And then back up each week to external drive then if something goes wrong with your main computer you have recovery.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I just got my iPad and I am very new to all of this. Can you set up an iTunes account without your credit card details? If possible I don't want to use my credit card for purchases. Where can you get these "prepaid card"?

I just did this with my son's iPod. Easiest way is to go to app store on your iPad and buy a free app, through that purchase begin to create your account, where you put your credit card use the drop down to put "none"

BBSean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can it work both ways as stated here? I have always used my ipad to download directly and I've never been able to sync with itunes because every time I try, it warns that it will erase all the content on my ipad and replace it with the content on my computer, which is nil.

Most reactions

Latest posts