What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to backup iTunes video from my iPad?

LittlePixels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPod that I sync with iTunes, then when I got my iPad, I sync'd it with the same computer/iTunes. I then went on to download a bunch of TV shows from iTunes directly from my iPad. So they're on my iPad, but not in my PC iTunes library. I would like to back the TV shows up, and hopefully even be able to play them on my iPod (they're all sync'd to the same Apple ID). When I click the box to sync TV shows, though, I get a warning that it will erase all shows on my iPad and sync whatever's on my PC to the iPad. I even tried syncing the iPad to another computer, with a fresh iTunes install, thinking I could copy the shows from the iPad to that computer, then transfer them to the original iTunes library. Even though there was nothing *in* the fresh iTunes library, I got the same message, saying it would erase my iPad and backup from iTunes.

I've Googled this without much luck. Please tell me there's some way I can backup the shows from my iPad. Guessing I shouldn't buy directly from my iPad in the future. :(

blac2k8cs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In order to back up your purchases on your ipad to your itunes library click on "file" and "back up purchases or tranfer purchases" in itunes. (Can't remember because I don't have itunes in front of me at the moment)..Once you do this make sure they are backed up in your library before synching so you won't lose anything. This should fix your problem.

Last edited:
OP
L

LittlePixels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have backed up everything that's in iTunes on my computer. The problem is that I have no way of getting what's on the *iPad* onto the computer. When I try to sync, the only option it gives me is to erase the *iPad* and replace with what's already in iTunes on the computer. I have 2 seasons of TV episodes that currently only exist on my iPad, and I don't want to lose them. =/

uaeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone transfer

Go to iPod-tool.com and download the iPod to PC transfer software called Tansee iPod ,ithink it can help you

OP
L

LittlePixels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys rock! "Transfer purchases" did it. Got everything backed up now. Thanks!!

Most reactions