What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading ipad from 3.2.2

stevo86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, ok cool thanks for the advice, windows 7 and folder permissions is a little different so to change that navigate to control panel>folder options>view and make sure 'hide extensions for known file types' is unchecked, that way you can rename your zip file, would be easier on a mac...

Now for the problem... everything works fine but i keep getting a restore error (3194 or 3014) anyone know what this might be? I’ll try on a different pc on the meantime and let you guys know if i come right, thanks.

qph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there i have tryed countless times i am stuck in the part where you shift click i tunes to load the restore file i downloaded above but it is looking for a ipsw file and in the downloaded compressed file there is no ipsw file . My second question is do i have to put my ipad in restore modd and at what point exactly do i do taht please help .....thank you very much

To answer your 2nd question, I refer you back to my previous post: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/8563-downgrading-ipad-3-2-2-a-3.html#post63578

In the Downgrading process, you need to put your iPad in *Recovery* mode (do not confuse, there is no Restore mode). In this recovery mode you can Shift+click Restore buttonin iTunes to choose an ipsw file, which should be the 3.2.1 one.

Mvank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought myself an iPad with version 3.2.2 on it, now i would like to jb it, but as i understand this is not possible wit 3.2.2.

So i would like to downgrade, as i read from xxdalowest1xx he was able to downgrade it successfully. But from other i read you need to do something with shsh which is not clear for me. Today it's THE first day i am using an iPad, let say the first time i use an Apple.

So can please somebody advise me what to do or not to do?
With THE above link i see some people are not able to downgrade

Last edited:

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
Just bought myself an iPad with version 3.2.2 on it, now i would like to jb it, but as i understand this is not possible wit 3.2.2.

So i would like to downgrade, as i read from xxdalowest1xx he was able to downgrade it successfully. But from other i read you need to do something with shsh which is not clear for me. Today it's THE first day i am using an iPad, let say the first time i use an Apple.

So can please somebody advise me what to do or not to do?
With THE above link i see some people are not able to downgrade
3.2.2 iPad Owner (Like Me) have to wait for the new Firmware 4.2, DevTeam will create a Jailbreak for this firmware. Unfortunately, DevTeam won't develop a Jailbreak for 3.2.2, because Apple will fix the problem for the new 4.2 , and no chances of Jailbreak again. Just wait, on November all of this will be OK.

I recommend you to spend $30 in great Apps to enjoy your iPad for this time. Recommended Apps: Drums!, New york 3D Roller Coaster HD, PDF Reader, iBooks, Splinter Cell HD, Asphalt 5 HD

Laxman10100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?

Downgrading from OS 3.2.2 to 3.2.1 without SHSH | iPadHacks.com

Yes, and it doesn't work. Even though RecBoot puts your iPad into recovery mode, that doesn't prevent iTunes from asking Apple for your SHSH Blobs, which will of course be non-existent in 3.2.2 iPads that were never previously jailbroken. So we'll just have to wait until iOS 4.2 is released in November. I can't wait for the wireless printing!!!

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday, a dev team member known on twitter as MuscleNerd confirmed that there is a jailbreak coming to all iDevices including the iPad 3.2.2

blkgts92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went ahead and followed instructions in original post. Got the shsh backed up and found, however after downloading firmware from link in the original post and trying to restore with iTunes, ipsw is not found. When searching folder everything is broken down into dmg. Any idea as to how to make it work in the restore process? Running iTunes 10 on windows 7 32-bit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

kengsim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an iPad with 3.2.1 just last month and jailbroke it with jailbreakme.com, making sure to save my SHSH to Cydia (I used that big "make my life easier" button). I then upgraded to 3.2.2 and now I want to go back to 3.2.1. However, for some reason, there's no sign of my SHSH for 3.2.1 on Cydia's servers! Anyone else having this problem? Basically, I'm screwed, right?

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an iPad with 3.2.1 just last month and jailbroke it with jailbreakme.com, making sure to save my SHSH to Cydia (I used that big "make my life easier" button). I then upgraded to 3.2.2 and now I want to go back to 3.2.1. However, for some reason, there's no sign of my SHSH for 3.2.1 on Cydia's servers! Anyone else having this problem? Basically, I'm screwed, right?

When did you buy it?

Some people believe that when you click make my life easier it saves the shsh for the version you are on but this is not the case. Apple has to be signing the version for cydia to pull it, even if you iPad is on 3.2 and you jailbroke right now and clicked make my life easier, you would only show 3.2.2 as the shsh on file for your device.

In other words, more than likely you are screwed.

Most reactions

Latest posts