What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading ipad from 3.2.2

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my #%$#, do you idiots not get that if you get this response:

CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad3G 3.2.1 (7B405) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

From umbrella, YOU CAN NOT DOWNGRADE, stop posting here if you are 'panicking' and cant downgrade or are just too lazy to read the entire thread,

Take your condescending rudeness out of this thread please.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why people get so frustrated. Yes, users should search but not everyone wants to read through 50 different posts or maybe their idevice is doing something different. There really isn't a need to get frustrated. If you don't want to see people asking the same questions then don't use the forum.

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why people get so frustrated. Yes, users should search but not everyone wants to read through 50 different posts or maybe their idevice is doing something different. There really isn't a need to get frustrated. If you don't want to see people asking the same questions then don't use the forum.

Lol the thing is, they aren't different. The people keep posting the same thing and there is always that implied urgency in their post like their head will explode if they cannot jail break.

Oh and to me that kind of is one of the biggest rules of a forum, read all replies in a thread before posting to it. That and use search are like the top two to me at least.

I wouldn't have replied like he did but I feel his frustration.

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no reason to go edit the host file if your using Tiny Umbrellas TSS server. Your just adding extra steps.

I'm using Tiny Umbrellas but the TSS server is not running it is saying that it can communicate with port 80 or that my host file is not modifiable???? Please help my ssh blogs are saved and i have the 3.2.1 ipsaw restore just need the TSS server to work without it itunes will just reject my iPad:(:(:(:(::(:(:(:(:(

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got to etc where i had to change the host file but it already had the file extension saying 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com so what do i do now?

Last edited:

de sby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newbie in townn.

i got my new ipad last week. and i just found out my software 3.2.2. i deeply need to jailbreak my ipad . i read several threads that if we got our ipad with pre installed 3.2.2 will be very hard to downgrade to 3.2.1. is this right???

de sby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ahhhhh darn . just read all threads.. i ammm stuckk with 3.2.2 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... i was so energetic when i got my ipad. now i feel gloomy :(.

until when my ipad will have to wait to freeland????

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It makes no sense to jb now as everyone will want the multitasking os 4.2 in November. I have 3.2 and jb but I will be glad to go to multitasking without jb until the jb comes out.

gr56sbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.shsh File

Please share your xxxx-ipad-3.2.1.shsh file, who knows, maybe we can downgrade using Umbrella with local .shsh file.

Thank you in advance!

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please share your xxxx-ipad-3.2.1.shsh file, who knows, maybe we can downgrade using Umbrella with local .shsh file.

Thank you in advance!

U can not use someone else's SHSH file, each SHSH file Is specific to each iPad's ECID.

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you in advance!

LOL OK I had to reply, I mean I understand its a "shot in the dark" for someone to try it, but if it were that easy this thread would be this many pages long.

All I thought of when reading that was "uh... no"

gr56sbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's try, if we have some shsh file maybe we can decode it and/or we can make a tool to generate the proper shsh file. For this we need as more as possible files with exact details:
- model (iPad xxGB with or without 3G)
- firmware (the more version we have the higher are the chances)

I start sharing:

iPad 64GB without 3G, 3.2.2

Attachments

• 4137497841069-ipad-3.2.2.shsh.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 202

rookie's

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only for this forum
==============

2 weeks ago, accidentally I reset all setting & content on my ipad 3.2 jailbreak. I have no shsh file saved :(

The only solution to recovered the "apple logo hanging" is restore with itunes using their current available firmwire 3.2.2

After 5 days tried to looking anything for downgrading & jailbreaking, i found it!!!

Apple make a hole with their new firmwire (4.2), that can use
to downgrade to any firmwire (even without SHSH blob). until now, all jailbreakers only concern on firmwire, not on itunes it self.

I tried several times downgrade/upgrade from 4.2, 3.2.2, 3.2.1, & 3.2 successfully. Because the latest jailbreak onli for 3.2.1, then i make my ipad with 3.2.1 firmwire & jailbreake it with jailbreakme.

Needs & works:
1. Ipad 4.2 beta 1 (iPad1_1_4.2_8C5091e_Restore.ipsw, size: 526,219 Kb)
2. "Non Developer" UDID (to make ipad stay in recovery mode)
3. Remove current itunes including quicktime (then restart....)
3. Itunes 10 Portable (MUST!!!)
4. Error_1015_Fixer.exe (not using RecBoot!!)

Notes: hurry up to save "Ipad firmwire 4.2 beta 1". It's our weapon now :))

jl2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey rookie's, thanks for head up.
Can you provide us with more details, how did you do that ?
Maybe step by step instruction
Thanks

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only for this forum
==============

2 weeks ago, accidentally I reset all setting & content on my ipad 3.2 jailbreak. I have no shsh file saved :(

The only solution to recovered the "apple logo hanging" is restore with itunes using their current available firmwire 3.2.2

After 5 days tried to looking anything for downgrading & jailbreaking, i found it!!!

Apple make a hole with their new firmwire (4.2), that can use
to downgrade to any firmwire (even without SHSH blob). until now, all jailbreakers only concern on firmwire, not on itunes it self.

I tried several times downgrade/upgrade from 4.2, 3.2.2, 3.2.1, & 3.2 successfully. Because the latest jailbreak onli for 3.2.1, then i make my ipad with 3.2.1 firmwire & jailbreake it with jailbreakme.

Needs & works:
1. Ipad 4.2 beta 1 (iPad1_1_4.2_8C5091e_Restore.ipsw, size: 526,219 Kb)
2. "Non Developer" UDID (to make ipad stay in recovery mode)
3. Remove current itunes including quicktime (then restart....)
3. Itunes 10 Portable (MUST!!!)
4. Error_1015_Fixer.exe (not using RecBoot!!)

Notes: hurry up to save "Ipad firmwire 4.2 beta 1". It's our weapon now :))

links to portable and exe please

Most reactions

Latest posts