What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3.2.2 Jailbreak

Thorero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, first off, Yes I know that 3.2.2 can't be jailbroken, at all. And the only option is to downgrade to 3.2.1. I'm clear on all that.

Now the question. I've downloaded "Umbrella" as a tutorial on this forum told me to do.

I've read through those instructions, but clearly Cydia wont have my SHSH, as this is a brand new iPad. I tried requesting Apple for one, via umbrella, but nothing.

Now, I would usually just sit back and wait for iOS4.2, and that's that. But!

I already have an iPad+3G, which, when I bought it, was running 3.2.1, I jailbroke that with jailbreakme last night, no problems. After I jailbroke that iPad, I backed up my SHSH with cydia.

Now is there any way I could use my SHSH blob for my iPad+3G to downgrade my iPad+WiFi?

I know they're two different devices, but perhaps the signature can be altered to work? Excuse my ignorance if what I'm asking is impossible, I'm just grasping at straws here.

All the best.

Sparkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new jail break for 4.1 will work on iPad 3.2.2 not out just yet tho but good news finally!

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Short answer, no. Each device has a very specific shsh much like a fingerprint. Looks like you are out of luck unless sparkie is right in which case you'll be able to jailbreak very soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts