What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does The Virtual Keyboard Do The Job...?

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey i thought about getting a BT keyboard, seen a real nice one on youtube, folds up and clicky, but doesnt that take away from the portability of the ipad..

see here..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geLV1uDZD5k]YouTube - Bluetooth Keyboard on iPad[/ame]

anyway, i use the virtual keyboard and kinda like/hate it , i mean i like that its a part of the ipad and dont need anything extra to carry around, but the lack of key springs makes it dreadful to type long letters/essays..

anyway, i might buy that keyboard on utube, but wait for the price go down..

how do u ppl like the ipad keyboard?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Pro-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B0030IT6AO]Amazon.com: Freedom Pro Bluetooth Keyboard: Electronics[/ame]

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For minor word processing I think the virtual keyboard works pretty damn well. But if you plan on doing some more intensive typing it's worth it to get the bluetooth keyboard

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad is still early days yet. The more I use it, the better I get with it and the longer I can type on it without feeling hampered by its foibles. I think its acceptability will improve as time passes.

Hawon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think as long as you are not doing intensive word typing it should be perfectly fine. I typed a two page report today and it went pretty well. I think more than keyboard, after you type for a while and want to review it, it becomes little hassle IMHO.

But i rather not carry anything around with me and using the virtual keyboard.

theipadstudent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.theipadstudentexperiment.com
The onscreen keyboard takes a while to get used to, but I found that I've been able to type out some-what lengthy documents (2-3 pages at a time sometimes). Of course, I haven't been able to buy a bluetooth keyboard yet so I'm not yet jaded by using a physical keyboard with my iPad.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting an external keyboard takes away the hold in your hand total portability which is the iPads big claim to fame. Hold it in portrait mode and type with your thumbs, it is fine once you get used to it.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the small Apple BT keyboard, but I still mostly use the virtual. The more you use it the easier it gets.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had plans to buy the Apple BT keyboard after checking it out at Best Buy just before I received my iPad. I may still buy it, but I have done so well with the virtual keyboard that I am finding it harder and harder to justify the BT keyboard.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, if i go on vacations and need to type long emails/books whatever i will proll fork out the money, but I am getting more used to it also..

but im soooooooooooooooo used to keyboards that have a springy feel to it..

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too like the virtual keyboard.
Yes I can type faster with a full sized one but I prefer the slower pace and dare one say more reflective mode of the virtual.
Also no more clickety clack.....

We've trained ourselves to use the manual, so why can't we be bothered to train for the virtual?

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't a big fan of the virtual keyboard when I first got it but love it now the on problem i have is i always hit n instead of spacebar lol if i get over that im perfect!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been a touch-typist since high school and I've had my share of frustration with the virtual keyboard. As others have stated, it gets easier with experience but I'm sure that I'll never do 70 wpm on it.

Most reactions

Latest posts