What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does iPad bluetooth work now ?

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPod and am happy with it in about all respects. However the bluetooth has been a BIG disappointment. I have had little or no luck connecting to devices such as my headset and external speakers. I am hoping the bluetooth on the iPad works better. Can any of you who are so fortunate to have one please verify if this has been improved? I mean heck, my iPod can n ot even see my friends iPod with bluetooth on.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your iPod is not quite right. I have never had any problems with either my iPhone 3G or 3Gs. I regularly use bluetooth headsets and speakers. There is sometimes a small drop out (less than a second) with the stereo headsets I have used, but I blame that on the headsets since the Sony bluetooth speakers I have work flawlessly.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find anywhere that says the ipad is A2DP compliant. It would be good to know from someone first hand if it is.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPod and am happy with it in about all respects. However the bluetooth has been a BIG disappointment. I have had little or no luck connecting to devices such as my headset and external speakers. I am hoping the bluetooth on the iPad works better. Can any of you who are so fortunate to have one please verify if this has been improved? I mean heck, my iPod can n ot even see my friends iPod with bluetooth on.

My iPod Touch connects to my car head unit just fine.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find anywhere that says the ipad is A2DP compliant. It would be good to know from someone first hand if it is.
I am fairly certain that I read a review that said A2DP works exactly like it does with the iPhone. If my iPad ever gets here, I will test and get back to you (assuming someone doesn't beat me to it ;)).

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am fairly certain that I read a review that said A2DP work exactly like it does with the iPhone. If my iPad ever gets here, I will test and get back to you (assuming someone doesn't beat me to it ;)).

Cool, thanks wot fan. Hope you get it soon.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A2DP works great with Sony speakers. I'll test more later. Too much new to check out now :).

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks :). I am still checking everything out. I still have to sync my media to it. Everything I have checked out so far is as cool as advertised ;).

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wot be fair don't make us so jealous to have to wait ( me 3 days) and eldex one month (if he don't get a wifi tomolo on is local best buy)

try to find some weak point :D

Gregpadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What kind of car head set do you have?

My iPod Touch connects to my car head unit just fine.

I'd like to try that, what kind of car Bluetooth head set do you have?;)

OP
P

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I originally posted this, I should have stated I was wanting to use the bluetooth to swap photos from the iPod touch to the iPad. I can not get my iPod to see the iPad or vice versa. My iPad wont see the bluetooth cell phone I have either. I thought it would be nice to use my cell phone to shoot some pictures and then bluetooth them to my iPad. In that regard, the bluetooth is still not functional.

Allan_Vancouver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An application in the iPad App Store does iPhone-iPad Bluetooth

When I originally posted this, I should have stated I was wanting to use the bluetooth to swap photos from the iPod touch to the iPad. I can not get my iPod to see the iPad or vice versa. My iPad wont see the bluetooth cell phone I have either. I thought it would be nice to use my cell phone to shoot some pictures and then bluetooth them to my iPad. In that regard, the bluetooth is still not functional.

Check out How to Turn an iPhone Into a Wireless iPad Camera - Ipad camera - Gizmodo

I read about it last week, and I think it also can move photos back and forth.

Most reactions

Latest posts