What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype now supports bluetooth

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good news! The latest Skype for iPad update has added Bluetooth capability to Skype. We can now use our Bluetooth speakers or headsets without the wired connection while on Skype. This is a big help for the hearing impaired who can't hear the little iPad speaker very well.

Thanks Skype for listening.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

orangetwist2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to know if anyone has been using Skype on the Ipad with a bluetooth headset since the update. What are your experiences?...Good...Bad...how are they resolved? State the IOS version you use as well.
Can you tell me if it is possible to voice dial on skype...on the ipad...with the Jawbone Era or the Bose series 2?

rkeal1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
markbnh1 said:
Good news! The latest Skype for iPad update has added Bluetooth capability to Skype. We can now use our Bluetooth speakers or headsets without the wired connection while on Skype. This is a big help for the hearing impaired who can't hear the little iPad speaker very well.

Thanks Skype for listening.

Does this also mean that headsets with a mic work as well? Do you know if you can adjust the settings to choose between the iPad and the headset.

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't answer that. I never tried a headset mic. Since my daughter moved back to the US I have not been using Skype much. Maybe someone else knows.

Shortcircuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news? I am hearing impaired and have found no difficulty with the speakers as fitted. Perhaps if I needed privacy and did not want to be tied by hard wired earphones then the Bluetooth would be an advantage otherwise no big deal

Most reactions

Latest posts