What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth tethering without jailbreak now works in ios 4.3.

ignaurus13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth tethering without jailbreak now works in ios 4.3.

I am having some issues with it using my WinMo 6.5 phone (Tmo Dash 3G). I have not tested this against an iPhone. The connection cuts after 30 seconds but for those 30 seconds I do have internet connectivity! Has anyone else experienced this disconnect? Has anyone tried this on an iPhone or non-iPhone cell phone? Yes tethering is enabled by my carrier as the tether works fine to my laptop over Bluetooth PAN. Any advice?

Same result using HTC Touch Cruise upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1

I am starting to think that Apple may have configured iPads/iPods to prevent Bluetooth tethering between non-iPhones and iPads. Something is making my Bluetooth tether fail after I connect to a WinMo cell phone.

It is Bluetooth PAN not DUN, right?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I have the iPhone 3GS and an iPad 1 16G wifi only. And since the new iOS 4.3, I can now tether my iPad to my iPhone. And it does work flawlessly.

If your connection holds for 30 seconds, make sure that your phone does not close the Bluetooth link after some time of inactivity or if your phone is locked.

OP
I

ignaurus13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its not the phone.

I am able to tether to my laptop without anythign special. My phone isnt locking and I am forcing plenty of activity. :(

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
ignaurus13 said:
I am able to tether to my laptop without anythign special. My phone isnt locking and I am forcing plenty of activity. :(

Hmmm, a bit strange... Or is it Microsoft not liking apple product ;)

Have you tried tethering to your laptop? This would show if this is an iPad issue of your mobile phone issue...

I'll check if I can do it with my laptop to see if it works....

VicoPad addict!

OP
I

ignaurus13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just retested tethering my laptop to my phone and it works. My laptop (W7) doesnt support Bluetooth NAP so I can't tether my laptop to the iPad

Odd. Not sure what else to try and seems no one else has attempted tethering a WinMo to an iDevice.

g25dragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same problem here, can only bluetooth tether from windows mobile 6.1 to iPad (iOS 4.3.1) for about 30 seconds before iPad breaks the connection.

No problems bluetooth tethering from windows mobile 6.1 to newer Macbook Air, though.

Maybe something with the iPad which thinks the connection is not active?

Thonny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm experiencing THE EXACT same problem.....similar set-up iPad and TM/HTC Dash 3G.

I am having some issues with it using my WinMo 6.5 phone (Tmo Dash 3G). I have not tested this against an iPhone. The connection cuts after 30 seconds but for those 30 seconds I do have internet connectivity! Has anyone else experienced this disconnect? Has anyone tried this on an iPhone or non-iPhone cell phone? Yes tethering is enabled by my carrier as the tether works fine to my laptop over Bluetooth PAN. Any advice?

I am starting to think that Apple may have configured iPads/iPods to prevent Bluetooth tethering between non-iPhones and iPads. Something is making my Bluetooth tether fail after I connect to a WinMo cell phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts