What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docs2go

D

deoknam

Help! I just bought an app recently the docs2go for the purpose of bringing with me 2 specific large adobe files. One is about 25mb and the other one is 64mb in size. I successfully transferred them to my iPad but when I view it. They become blank! All white sheets! I already viewed them on my desktop ,how come they came out blank? I even tried transferring them thru drop box. But got the same result. Please help! I don't wanna waste my 14.99$ app for nothing. :confused::(:eek:

OP
D

deoknam

I already tried that it's having difficulty trying to download the files. Must be due to it's sizes. That's why I bought the docs2go. More suggestions please?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no issues with Good Reader reading 25+ MB files whatsoever. I have plenty of my military manuals are that big or bigger on Good Reader. Are you adding them through iTunes?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting the software company? Most seem responsive. Please post if/when this is resolved, as I was considering this software as well. I'm learning that the iPad is more and more useless for work. Our productivity tracking software doesn't work on any browser I've tried, as its written for IE6. iWorks destroys the formatting of every Windows doc we use. Now this...

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with Docs2Go OR Goodreader though. I have FM 3-21.8 (The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad) that is 55MB and loads up just fine. Plus if you have a big PDF that isn't working well, simply convert it to ePub for free using Calibre and put it in your iBooks app.

OP
D

deoknam

I think I know now why I can't view the files. Goodreader is saying that it is a scan file in PDF format. It must be the case. If it is, how then can I view these files in my iPad. Im preparing for an exam that's why I'm adamant about having them. Besides, when I bought the app it didn't say that it wont support scanned files.hope it makes sense.:(

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the data point. Every week, we review a PDF file of the organizations numbers and the dept heads explain our variances. A new file is started every year and updated each week, so it gets bigger as the year proceeds and should be 100MB by year-end, so this is a concern. A mild one, as my iPad isn't specifically for work, but it's nice to be able to look at the numbers from whereever I am.

OP
D

deoknam

If I may add my calibre sometimes doesn't work if it's converting large files. Should I uninstall and install again?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the data point. Every week, we review a PDF file of the organizations numbers and the dept heads explain our variances. A new file is started every year and updated each week, so it gets bigger as the year proceeds and should be 100MB by year-end, so this is a concern. A mild one, as my iPad isn't specifically for work, but it's nice to be able to look at the numbers from whereever I am.
If you want to give me an example of a MS Word doc or something you want me to test out I can post a screenshot of it from my iPad...provided of course there isn't some sort of confidential business information there.

OP
D

deoknam

What I'm meaning to say is that has there been a post about scanned files in PDF format and what to do with them so they can be viewed in iPad whether using good reader or docs2go . Since I suspected it must be the reason why the files i downloaded turned blank. The files are scanned files.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope that's not an issue as I have all of my military awards scanned in and they show up fine on my iPad. I keep them there in case someone needs to see one or something.

OP
D

deoknam

I see then there's something really wrong why I can't view them. Help! I've tried all the possibility there is. I already tried these files in good reader and docs2go and they all came out blank.
could you offer more tips? I'm going nuts. :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts