What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you use a Keyboard?

Do you use a keyboard?

• Yes

Votes: 85 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 90 46.6%
  • Soon

Votes: 18 9.3%

• Total voters

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Apple BT keyboard and the Incase origami workstation case / stand. Nothing else holds a candle to that keyboard IMHO. The only problem with the origami case is the iPad is not secured and can fall off. But the keyboard itself is solidly in place. Best on a table top, but not on my lap...

I wish Apple would open up to alternate on screen keyboards integrated with the system. I don't care for copy and paste alternate keyboards...

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I am at my home in MN I don't but when we come to FL for 2 months and I don't bring my computer along-just my iPad, I really like the keyboard. It makes thing go faster.

ROV_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2, it's white and i bought it in San Francisco on stockton street... oh wait what did that first post say again? Silly monkey theres not keyboard on an iPad it's a tablet.

I have nimble fingers no need for the keyboard but i do use landscape.

yay this is my third post!!!

nychandsome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ROV_Guy said:
I have an iPad 2, it's white and i bought it in San Francisco on stockton street... oh wait what did that first post say again? Silly monkey theres not keyboard on an iPad it's a tablet.

I have nimble fingers no need for the keyboard but i do use landscape.

yay this is my third post!!!

Nice!

gabey8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my first iPad (3rd generation) a few days ago. I already had a Verbatim folding BT keyboard. (Doggone it. I can't post links yet. Google "verbatim folding keyboard" and then look at the review from mashable dot com.)

I got a no-name iPad stand from Five Below (a discount chain in my area that sells various items for $5 or less). While what I really want is a folding case/keyboard combination, now I can take my time about deciding which one I want to invest in, because the folding keyboard/separate stand combination works quite nicely.

As a touch typist, I'm still acclimating to the placement of a few of the keys, but that's the case any time I switch to a new keyboard. I'm sure I'll develop the reflexes I need to make the keyboard easier to work with.

One handy thing (IMO) is that it uses two AAA batteries. This means I never have to worry about whether I've remembered to charge the keyboard. All I need is to add a few fresh AAA batteries to the carrying case, and I know I'll always be good to go.

I no longer remember what I paid for the keyboard, as I bought it some months ago. But it appears to me, after a quick look online, that there are reasonable prices for it on multiple sites.

One thing that I'm circumventing with an extra piece of equipment: I like to sit on the sofa with a keyboard in my lap. THIS keyboard needs to be on a sturdy flat surface, as the center joint wants to "flex" a little bit when it's on a lap. That might not be an issue for some people, but it was enough to throw my typing off. So I got something flat and sturdy that's big enough to rest the keyboard on in my lap. Problem resolved.

Fatboy71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just use the on-screen keyboard, and have never had a problem with it. Granted, I could maybe type faster with a physical keyboard, but its just not worth it for me.

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will every bloothoot keyboard work with the new ipad?

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just purchased the new ipad bluetooth keyboard case from brookstone. It was a bit pricey, but I love it. I had one for my original ipad, and decided to get another one for my new ipad. This case has a removable keyboard, which is great. I can even use the keyboard with my galaxy tab. I thought about getting the apple wireless keyboard, but decided to give this one a try. I also had the apple docking keyboard for my ipad 1, but it doesn't work too well with then new ipad, and I was afraid I would mess up the pins in this ipad trying to dock it.

Most reactions

Latest posts