What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you use a Keyboard?

Do you use a keyboard?

• Yes

Votes: 85 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 90 46.6%
  • Soon

Votes: 18 9.3%

• Total voters

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh - yes - and, when I looked, 100% of Members used keyboards - a poll sample of exactly 1 (me)...:D

So that's settled that...

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, when it comes to typing more than a few words, you betcha that I'm grabbing the keyboard! I still have to look at the screen and, essentially, hunt and peck with the iPad one. Whereas, with a Bluetooth keyboard I can breeze along with my touch-typing.

Bluetooth keyboard FTW! :D

Marilyn

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't and I voted!

I may give it a try sooner or later but as of now I don't use keyboard.

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean you wouldn't like to know all those other interestin' facts? The horror! The horror!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. The longest things I type on iPad are emails. I considered a keyboard, but figured I'd end up not using it, because I don't want to tote around more weight.

For serious typing, I have netbooks and laptops, and use a PC for work.

bobinmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help in choosing my second keyboard

I got my first case/keyboard through Amazon that's anything but easy to get around on. I'm needing help in figuring out which brand to go with next. I'm right now drawn to the ClamCase and the Crux but I can't figure out which one would work better. Anyone out there who can explain why one is better than the other would be appreciated from the bottom of my heart.

While the on screen keyboard works, it's very limiting for those of us who really do touch type like there's no tomorrow hence I want the extra keyboard I can type faster on. We need a keyboard we can really plunk out everything on. There's a new Crux that's coming out this fall that even includes a glide pad on the bottom plus additional batteries built in so we have even longer run times. At $250 plus S & H it's not cheap, but it really can make this IPad a duel machine. Then there's the normal Crux and the ClamCase that offer the keyboard but no mouse option that I still miss. I need help - in fact that's why I joined this really fun group that's becoming nearly as addictive as the IPad II.

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my first case/keyboard through Amazon that's anything but easy to get around on. I'm needing help in figuring out which brand to go with next. I'm right now drawn to the ClamCase and the Crux but I can't figure out which one would work better. Anyone out there who can explain why one is better than the other would be appreciated from the bottom of my heart.

While the on screen keyboard works, it's very limiting for those of us who really do touch type like there's no tomorrow hence I want the extra keyboard I can type faster on. We need a keyboard we can really plunk out everything on. There's a new Crux that's coming out this fall that even includes a glide pad on the bottom plus additional batteries built in so we have even longer run times. At $250 plus S & H it's not cheap, but it really can make this IPad a duel machine. Then there's the normal Crux and the ClamCase that offer the keyboard but no mouse option that I still miss. I need help - in fact that's why I joined this really fun group that's becoming nearly as addictive as the IPad II.

I have the Apple wireless k/b and IMO it is an absolute dream: full size, responsive, positive. I love it. With batteries it weighs 11 ounces, and feels much lighter than that. I highly recommend it.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, I'll bite Tim! I use a keyboard and the iPad. Keyboard for all those long emails and for my diary HD app. It's easier for us trained typists to use.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, for when I have lots of typing to do but no for short typing spells, not that I type many short spells, I leave that to Harry Potter!

The Archangel

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would probably have voted 'no', but since my BT keyboard was gifted me I feel obliged to sometimes use it. Mainly for longer texts like blogs and when I need faster typing (which happens quite rarely )...

//Stefan

Most reactions

Latest posts