What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you use a Keyboard?

Do you use a keyboard?

• Yes

Votes: 85 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 90 46.6%
  • Soon

Votes: 18 9.3%

• Total voters

Lia215

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup a white ClamCase to match my white iPad

Sent from my 32GB 3rd Generation White Verizon iPad using iPF

bong512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. I'll just bring along my MBP if i have to do a lot of typing

LesleyAnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Bluetooth k/b, bought it at the same time I bought my iPad, I use the on-screen keyboard quite easily but only for quick and short bursts of text. Otherwise as a touch typist I am more comfortable and quicker on an actual k/b.

I find the Apple Bluetooth k/b great to use. Light and comfortable to use, as well as easy to carry around. It doesn't hurt that it is great to look at too. Sort of 100% simplistically neat looking.

gabey8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an update to this thread. I got hold of a refurb Logitech keyboard case for iPad 2. This is the aluminum keyboard case that doesn't protect the back of the device.

Well, it's an AMAZING peripheral for my iPad 3! It has magnets that activate the sleep function, and unlike the Verbatim keyboard that I posted about earlier (and still think is very nice), it does not have a hinge down the middle so it's much easier to use on a lap.

I happened to get a really great price on this via Daily Steals, a one-day, one-deal site ($30). I'm not sure whether it's available elsewhere online for a price that low, but if you've been looking at this device as a possible purchase, I give it a big thumbs-up. I can type at my normal rate of speed on it, without all the mistakes that I make when I'm attempting to use the onscreen keyboard.

digitg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I don't use a keyboard and I don't plan to do so. If I want to type, i.e. create content, I prefer using a laptop with a real keyboard where I can type away. Added benefit of a Windows machine: a working file system - Apple and Android tablets don't have anything to compare to. With Google drive and drop box available, I'm happy. The iPad 3 is a nice reading device due to its crisp screen.

MelSnyder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using the ZAGGfolio with my "new iPad" for about a month, and I ***LOVE*** it. Good touch, much like the Apple bluetooth, and makes long documents easy to compose anywhere, With DocsToGo, Keynote, Pages and Dropbox - with Photogene for photo editing - gives much of the Air's convenience and the iPad tablet advantage,

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MelSnyder said:
I have been using the ZAGGfolio with my "new iPad" for about a month, and I ***LOVE*** it. Good touch, much like the Apple bluetooth, and makes long documents easy to compose anywhere, With DocsToGo, Keynote, Pages and Dropbox - with Photogene for photo editing - gives much of the Air's convenience and the iPad tablet advantage,

Me too! Love my ZAGGfolio. Keyboard works fanastic, and I have this built-in case to protect the iPad that come with. Of course this is my first venture into this tablet world, and I like a semi-laptop feel.

Andzar.amar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Want to buy a keyboard for my ipad, but if i want to use keyboard, my ipad have to jailbreak first or not ?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andzar.amar said:
I Want to buy a keyboard for my ipad, but if i want to use keyboard, my ipad have to jailbreak first or not ?

No. Bluetooth keyboards work with stock iPads.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Andzar.amar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
No. Bluetooth keyboards work with stock iPads.

Koolertron ipad QWERTY-Keyboard , i want to buy that, that is also work with stock ipad too ?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andzar.amar said:
Koolertron ipad QWERTY-Keyboard , i want to buy that, that is also work with stock ipad too ?

I don't know. I use the Apple BT keyboard.

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andzar.amar said:
Any one use keyboard ipad 2 except apple product ? And without jailbreak

Yes, see above. I am very happy with the ZaggFolio at around $100. It doubles as a solid carrying case, needs charging about twice a year, good QWERTY feel. No jailbreak required for any of the available bluetooth keyboards that I've seen on the market. A girlfriend has the apple keyboard... I don't like it as well as the ZAGG.

Most reactions

Latest posts