What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you use a Keyboard?

Do you use a keyboard?

• Yes

Votes: 85 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 90 46.6%
  • Soon

Votes: 18 9.3%

• Total voters

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one that doubles as a stand, and a case. It's indispensible when i'm getting inundated with instant messages and e-mails while trying to goof off!

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buggrit, I managed to vote 'soon' instead of no. I did have an apple BT keyboard, but I literally just sold it. I thought I would use it for blogs, long emails and the productivity apps (pages, numbers etc). However, I have found that the enhanced functionality of the on-screen kb is too useful to miss. Hold down a key and get every variation of the accents etc, or additional punctuation options. Automatic expansion of .com addresses, auto capitals at the start of a sentence and the really handy double space to add a full stop. Also, the custom keyboard for data entry in numbers for example is needed to enter data, formulae etc which the physical kb cant do

So, back to the OSK for me.....

iWant my iCloud

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Keyboards are winning though! I still don't have a good solution for sub and superscript though.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - it's nearly 2:1 in favour of keyboards.

The superscript/subscript issue is not really a keyboard problem, though. Even a 'normal' PC keyboard doesn't have that on - it's more an app issue - and a very annoying one at that because, as you say, the workaround is tedious!!

Tim

ivanhoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a touch-typer and the onscreen keyboard does not work for typing - HOWEVER - this a classic "no mans land" issue.

The iPad does not yet have enough functionality to replace my laptop - so any significant typing can be done on the laptop. Lugging around laptop + iPad - adding a keyboard would be just too much.

My current focus is replacing my paper notepad - am currently trying different note taking apps - so I can at least replace that.

Then going to focus on using Dragon dictation or write-pad to get typed text. Keyboard will be last resort....

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a touch-typer and the onscreen keyboard does not work for typing - HOWEVER - this a classic "no mans land" issue.

The iPad does not yet have enough functionality to replace my laptop - so any significant typing can be done on the laptop. Lugging around laptop + iPad - adding a keyboard would be just too much.

My current focus is replacing my paper notepad - am currently trying different note taking apps - so I can at least replace that.

Then going to focus on using Dragon dictation or write-pad to get typed text. Keyboard will be last resort....

Well thought out answer. You seem to know what you seek and have a plan.:)

benkj14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was convinced one of the first accessories I would buy for my iPad would be a keyboard, I'd forgot about that till this posts, seems the on screen keyboard has grown on me over time.

bigbadbikernerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rocketfish keyboard

I use the Rocketfish bluetooth keyboard when I travel for business. This is great when using Logmein Ignition and trying to get real work done on the road. It's just like typing on a real laptop.

Otherwise, I just use a leather folio and a stylus to take notes with Penultimate.

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope.
Not planning to use it in the future although we have a spare usb mac keyboard. The on-screen keything is also (slowly)growing on me.

Mac has just downloaded AtariTinyRiot

Most reactions

Latest posts