What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you regret not purchasing 3G/4G

Do you regret not purchasing 3G/4G

• You regret NOT purchasing 3G/4G

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Your happy with Wifi only

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Your happy with 3G

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • You regret purchasing 3G/4G

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue of a forum is to be informed, KayKay. Right? A post or so back you stated there were hundreds of cities covered by Verizon and AT&T. That was not an entirely accurate statement. I'm glad you taught me about Verizon. They have great LTE. But AT&T people are outta luck with LTE. That was important to point out as I did.

My statement was perfectly accurate, lol. It's still there, with links. There are hundreds covered by the two of them together. That's why I posted both links for everyone to see.

If you're concerned about accuracy, you might consider correcting your post.

debopie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excuss my ignorance on this topic as I am shopping for an IPAD3 but with the 4G can you hook up to a laptop and have an internet connection on the laptop from the IPAD?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
debopie said:
Excuss my ignorance on this topic as I am shopping for an IPAD3 but with the 4G can you hook up to a laptop and have an internet connection on the laptop from the IPAD?

Yes, the verizon version will let you connect up to 5 devices using the hotspot feature.m the AT&T version will not do that.

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Yes, the verizon version will let you connect up to 5 devices using the hotspot feature.m the AT&T version will not do that.

ON ATT, you can do the same. but only 3 devices.…

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
reahn said:
ON ATT, you can do the same. but only 3 devices.…

Really......everyone has been saying the hotspot feature was not available on AT&T. When I'd it change?

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pianoman said:
The issue of a forum is to be informed, KayKay. Right? A post or so back you stated there were hundreds of cities covered by Verizon and AT&T. That was not an entirely accurate statement. I'm glad you taught me about Verizon. They have great LTE. But AT&T people are outta luck with LTE. That was important to point out as I did.

The key "point" to point out is check the coverage for the states/cities you frequent, research and choose the best plan etc. if AT&T listed all the cities that you could receive LTE the numbers would be just as great. IE, LTE is in Dallas yet they could have listed possibly 50 cities within a 40-50 mile radius of Dallas that also apply.

Regardless, either service could find you "outa luck with LTE".....

Cheers

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The key "point" to point out is check the coverage for the states/cities you frequent, research and choose the best plan etc. if AT&T listed all the cities that you could receive LTE the numbers would be just as great. IE, LTE is in Dallas yet they could have listed possibly 50 cities within a 40-50 mile radius of Dallas that also apply.

Cheers

Exactly.

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The key "point" to point out is check the coverage for the states/cities you frequent, research and choose the best plan etc.

<snip>

Agreed! :)

Last edited:

iPhoNettie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When iPad first gen came out, I bought the wifi only model, then shortly after that the first gen wifi/3G model came out. I decided to exchange the wifi only for the wifi/3G and was able to purchase the unlimited data plan while still available. Never regretted it. Got the ipad2 and now the ipad3 and I've transferred the unlimited data plan to each new device, and have never considered dropping it. I love the freedom of knowing I can get on the Internet regardless of any wifi connections or not.

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just reading this little gem again for the first time. I must've missed it reading through the thread before. Are you saying then that with this hotspot feature in the Verizon only version that the LTE speeds will translate into something close to real Wi-Fi for those who are connecting via your ipad hotspot?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pianoman said:
I'm just reading this little gem again for the first time. I must've missed it reading through the thread before. Are you saying then that with this hotspot feature in the Verizon only version that the LTE speeds will translate into something close to real Wi-Fi for those who are connecting via your ipad hotspot?

Yes, but beware that many devices on the hotspot runs through the data limit very quickly, in comparison.

AZsteelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the New iPad 32gb 4g and love it. I will use it for work as well as just for fun, but when I need it to work, it has to be available without driving around looking for a hot spot. I like the ability to just turn it on and get what I need and then put it away. Ease of use is part of why I got one. I've had a Xoom on 4g for a while now, and all I did was swap the service to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts