What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I need dock?

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the dock and they will deliver this Thursday. After using the onboard keypad, I honestly don't know how much i will use the dock for typing.

I am getting very comfortable with the onboard and like the relationship to the screen.

We will see how the dock performs when it arrives. It might end up just being a nice stand for charging.

Really - do you have your iPad tilted up at the far end? Is it uncomfortable staring at the screen while typing?
i usually place the IPad flat on my Icase and type with it flat. works nice.

But right know i am typing on my keyboard dock that arrived today. i must admit it is very nice to type on. the arrow keys are brilliant as i am a fair typist at best so i end up going back and editing what i type, and this was a little trickier with just the ipad onboard keyboard.

Apple scores another hit with the keyboard dock, its great!

jclynadms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dock works for them who want to be away from the hassles of the wires. It just provides you with a lot more convenience to handle and work, which would not have been so easy with the wires dangling all over. It is not a necessity but just the matter of your convenience and so it would completely depend on you whether to go for it or not.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the dock for the desktop for use as it need one at work and one at home to sync up as need with the ipad

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I preordered a case from Hard Candy, that will ship on the 20th that allows you to use the dock while still in the case. Has a cover that snaps on to cover the front when not in use. However, last week while roaming around our local PX, I noticed one of the cell phone kiosks already had a dock for $20 that can be used landscape or portrait. So I'll probably get one of those too.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a dock from day one, which actually got here before the iPad due to the backorder the ipads were/are on. Anyway, I haven't even used it yet. I have the apple case, and it doesn't fit into the dock with the case on, so I don't want to have to remove the case every time I want to charge the iPad. Besides that, I find that I'm using the iPad in landscape mode 99% of the time, and you can't do that in the dock. Worst 29 bucks i've ever spent.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a dock from day one, which actually got here before the iPad due to the backorder the ipads were/are on. Anyway, I haven't even used it yet. I have the apple case, and it doesn't fit into the dock with the case on, so I don't want to have to remove the case every time I want to charge the iPad. Besides that, I find that I'm using the iPad in landscape mode 99% of the time, and you can't do that in the dock. Worst 29 bucks i've ever spent.

I actually ended up returning the dock I bought at launch for the same reasons. I realized I would never handle the iPad without a case of some sort and with the Apple case I can stand it in any position I want. The Apple rep was very nice and allowed me to return it even though it was past the 14 days since I didn't actually get my 3G almost a month after I got the dock. I hadn't even taken it out of the fedex box!

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They really should put a connection on the pad for landscape.

A couple of USB ports would be nice as well.

:D

Ron_L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the moment the only reason I would consider a dock is for the ability to connect an external monitor, but I would want landscape mode to really use it for presentations. For me, a way to connect an external monitor without having to carry a dock would be ideal.

ipadnewshub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also bought the iPad dock but stopped using it when I got the Apple iPad Case. I agree, it's pretty useless.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple needs to re-manufacture to make the docs adjustable for cases -- then offer exchanges. I don't really like the feel without a case - and with one as everyone has said - the dock is useless.

How many people dropped so much money for the dock? Well over a hundred thousand, eh?

jaycidy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't need my dock, but I do like it. I carry it every where with me, it's great for watching video and what not (I dont have a case)

Most reactions

Latest posts