What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dual Dock Connection

JonnyFlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
I just joined the site and have been reading it for a bit now. I am trying to find if there is a way to hook up 2 accesories to the iPad's dock conntector? I am looking at getting an iPad to simplify my dj set up (well basically eliminate all other equipment besides speakers and headphones) and one of the products that is coming out is a midi controller that connects through the dock connector. It looks like a great product but I would also like to be able to charge the iPad at the same time. Is there any product that is available that could help me do this? I saw one website that makes a splitter but it is only electrical taped together and is not sturdy. I was looking at the camera connector that would give one usb port but then I would need to find a product that turns that into the dock connector (for the midi controller) and a usb (for the power cord).
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Jon

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow great find and thanks for sharing, my nephew needs one of those, he has an older dock but really likes it only problem was it wont charge newer ipods. Going to order one!

OP
J

JonnyFlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what else it would be able to do. For me it will be perfect to have the midi controller hooked up (and drawing power from the iPad) and the mini USB charging it all.

playDca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TWO 30-pin connectors ????

through my searching I found this

it will allow me to connect a power cable thru the port on the side as well as the dj accessory. Now its just time to get the iPad or wait for the iPad 2.

The dockStubz solves one problem (using the 30-pin port and charging) which is great; however ...
I use an Apogee JAM which uses the 30-pin connector to convert the analog guitar signal into my iPad. I also have the IK Multimedia iRig MIDI (also a 30-pin connector) to send/receive MIDI signals (ie from a keyboard or other MIDI device). It would be wonderful to be able to use both the guitar and the iRig MIDI (ie playing Sampletank from a keyboard). The iPad 3 has plenty of processing power to do so; but since both devices use 30-pin connectors, I am unable to do so without some kind of dual 30-pin connector available.

I've searched, but there doesn't appear to be anything that affords us TWO 30-pin (and functional) connectors.

Has anybody run across such an accessory? I've seen 30-pin and HDMI, but not two 30-pin connectors.

Most reactions

Latest posts