What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple iPad dock... iPad2? iPhone4?

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Apple dock made for the first gen iPad.

This one... Apple iPad Dock - Apple Store (U.S.)

I use it for my iPad2 and it seems to work fine... charges/syncs, and it holds securely. (Charges only when plugged into wall... not USB to PC)

I can also use it for my iPhone4... charges/syncs, and holds "fairly" securely... there's just enough room.

Do I have anything to worry about by using this dock for both devices? Any concern of overcharging or damaging either device?

My intention is to own two iPad docks that I can put in two different rooms and use for both devices. Because of the shape of the iPhone4 dock, it can not be used for an iPad2.

OP
D

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good deal. Thanks.

The more I use the iphone4 in my first gen iPad dock, the more I realize that it just doesn't quite fit well enough. When typing on the iPhone in the dock, it's too easy to loosen the connection.

Does anyone know of a simple dock that can be used for the ipad2 and the iphone4?

Sent from my iPad2 using Forum Runner

OP
D

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's always the 'official' one

Apple iPad 2 Dock - Apple Store (U.S.)

Tim

This one definitely won't work with the iPhone4.... It has even less room than the original iPad dock does.

I use both devices in two rooms.... I'm just trying to get away with only having one dock set up in each room.... but I need both docks to be able to use both devices.

Jarrett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am seeking a solution to sync both my iPad2 and iPhone 4 using the same dock. I rarely have to sync, but being that my mac mini is hidden I'd really like a low key unobtrusive way to sync my devices when necessary. Any suggestions?

-JAE

Most reactions