What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I Have to Update the Ipad?

celinedion1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that there's an update for the ipad right now, i think its like 4.something. Anyways since I'm unable to get it (very very slow internet and constant time outs), do I have to have it for my ipad to work? Also do certain apps require the update in order to use them?

thank you

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that there's an update for the ipad right now, i think its like 4.something. Anyways since I'm unable to get it (very very slow internet and constant time outs), do I have to have it for my ipad to work? Also do certain apps require the update in order to use them?

thank you

It's good to hear from you. No need to update. You're probably on 4.2.1 and the next update is 4.3.

So - 'don't panic' - there's no need to worry - there's no significant improvement in performance from 4.2.1. to 4.3 - OK - some Safari improvement on certain websites but, no, there won't be any apps that won't run on 4.2.1 that would run on 4.3....relax...enjoy your iPad.

If you're a 'geek' there are some things but, for most people, don't worry...

Have fun - enjoy your iPad...keep in touch...

Tim
Scotland

OP
C

celinedion1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

thank you

It's good to hear from you. No need to update. You're probably on 4.2.1 and the next update is 4.3.

So - 'don't panic' - there's no need to worry - there's no significant improvement in performance from 4.2.1. to 4.3 - OK - some Safari improvement on certain websites but, no, there won't be any apps that won't run on 4.2.1 that would run on 4.3....relax...enjoy your iPad.

If you're a 'geek' there are some things but, for most people, don't worry...

Have fun - enjoy your iPad...keep in touch...

Tim
Scotland

Hey Tim nice to hear from you too. Thanks for the help. :) Glad to know I don't have to worry about the update. Whatever the ipad shipped with that's the one I have. Maybe it was 4.1, don't know, not the best with electronics. Thanks again and have fun with your ipad too.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't have update, me for example don't bother to do so.

Most reactions

Latest posts