What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I update?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And what if my ipad crashes while I sleep, during the upgrade? I should be near it ~ ya know. In case it needs me or I need to find YOU.:D
I am honored. I am even flattered! But I think MikesTooLz has his live IRC chat line open 24/7/365. I swear, I don't think he sleeps!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. It is syncing now. iTunes told me that my iPad IS up to date. Here I was all trippin about it.

Lord. It IS tough being me, I'm tellin ya!:eek:

Tell me though ~ it won't download all the apps again, right? Only new ones? Wonder why it is taking so long when I am not updating? And I only got one new app a few min ago...

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest you do this before updating: transfer all purchases to iTunes, manually do a backup of the iPad, THEN do your update.

basically what i did was a manual backup of the ipad to make sure the programs i had on the ipad was safe ..

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes told me that my iPad IS up to date. Here I was all trippin about it.
And you believe it?

Look for yourself. Open the Settings then About and you should see this: (without the red circle!)

version.jpg

If if does not say that, then look at your iPad in iTunes and see if you see something like this:

version2.jpg

You can still hit the Check for Update box and then it will tell you that a new version is available and it will ask you what you want to do. Mine didn't show up automatically either until I hit the button.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. I am checking this on my ipad, not iTunes, right? It says 3.2 There is no 1.

And it did say in iTunes, that it will check back on 7/27, like you posted.

So ~ I am NOT up to date?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must have missed the last step. After updating it, you have to install it. It says ,to keep the iPad connected.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must have missed the last step. After updating it, you have to install it. It says ,to keep the iPad connected.

No I didn't miss the last step. I just went with what it said, and it said I was up to date. But I should have hit the "check for updates" button like C4 said.

Last edited:

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not that we were hoping something would happen, but the update was pretty anti-climactic, eh? The world didn't end, your apps didn't disappear, your iPad didn't freeze or brick, and the iPad didn't even blink.

Congrats.

Most reactions

Latest posts