What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different iPad 2 vs iPad 3 App Sizes?

Blueflip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've searched this forum and google extensively but still can't find an answer to this question:

Are apps downloaded on an iPad 2 smaller than an iPad 3?

I know with the retina display app sizes skyrocketed so I'm curious about this. My budget is such that I would prefer at this time to purchase a 16gb WiFi only iPad 2 and make due with less storage than I would like, but I don't think I could if the app sizes are the same as the iPad 3. I've used the new iPad and found with my basically casual use 16gb was not enough so this is why I ask.

Anyone have an answer for this? Thank you in advance.

Blue

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blueflip said:
Hi everyone,

I've searched this forum and google extensively but still can't find an answer to this question:

Are apps downloaded on an iPad 2 smaller than an iPad 3?

I know with the retina display app sizes skyrocketed so I'm curious about this. My budget is such that I would prefer at this time to purchase a 16gb WiFi only iPad 2 and make due with less storage than I would like, but I don't think I could if the app sizes are the same as the iPad 3. I've used the new iPad and found with my basically casual use 16gb was not enough so this is why I ask.

Anyone have an answer for this? Thank you in advance.

Blue

They are the exact same files. Apps are fatter now because of retina display. Get more storage...

Most reactions

Latest posts