What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different behaviour browsing in Safari and via a shortcut on the Home Page

Andym

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On one particular page the result looks absolutely fine on a PC and on the iPAD via Safari. However, I have been unable to replace the incorrect page used by the shortcut from the iPAD home page. I have deleted and recreated the shortcut (from within Safari) and I have powered the iPAD off/on. Still the incorrectly constructed index page persists via the shortcut.

I can only assume there is some kind of cache on the iPAD that is failing to clear down properly.

Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it's a cache, then going to Settings > Safari and Clear Cookies and Data will fix it. Otherwise I have no idea what is going on.

OP
A

Andym

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If it's a cache, then going to Settings > Safari and Clear Cookies and Data will fix it. Otherwise I have no idea what is going on.

Rebooted the server, also left a day and guess what - problem cleared.... Thanks for the hint though, I am betting that is what it was.

Most reactions