What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Didnt use all of my data this month...

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I took a wild guess and purchased the 2G plan for $24.99 (AT&T) about 3 weeks ago. I've only used approx 200 and only have like 7 days left. I know if I don't use up the data I will lose it. Clearly I will switch to the $14.99 plan next month. In the meantime does anyone have any suggestions for using up data??!!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
anmanwar said:
So I took a wild guess and purchased the 2G plan for $24.99 (AT&T) about 3 weeks ago. I've only used approx 200 and only have like 7 days left. I know if I don't use up the data I will lose it. Clearly I will switch to the $14.99 plan next month. In the meantime does anyone have any suggestions for using up data??!!

youtube and free apps in the app store :)

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ooh you tube....good idea. But at home it's all on wifi. Should I just turn wifi off for now?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
anmanwar said:
Ooh you tube....good idea. But at home it's all on wifi. Should I just turn wifi off for now?

yep, might as well use up that data you have paid for, just dont go over :)

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same happened with me last month. What I did was one Sunday watched a few shows using the ABC player app. Caught up on Greys and Desperate Housewives lol.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I totally understand you want to use up your data, but surely there is no point in actually turning off your wifi to do it? Isn't that just being spiteful toward the carrier?
By all means use it up when you are out and about, but unless your wi-fi / broadband is rubbish you'll just be degrading your own experience at home, won't you?
Your choice of course. just my 2c

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, I suspect you're also paying for wifi so "turning it off" doesn't make much sense.

And in all likelihood your home wifi is a significantly faster connection than your 3G link on your iPad (or your phone.) My home connection, for example, is about 27megs per second. That's about 10 times faster than my 3G speed and about twice as fast as the 4G/LTE speed on my new portable router "hotspot" from Verizon.

The best advice is probably to monitor your 3G use and purchase the minimum amount that doesn't put you into an overage situation. Unless you're someone who constantly needs internet access in places where there is no wifi, you won't use much.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep my wifi at home is a lot faster!! I'm not out for a long time....so I guess I've just figured out I probably would have been better off with the smaller data plan. Do have to be careful though....I read today's issue of the daily using data with wifi off and went from 200 to 300 used in no time! I could be wrong but isn't the at& t $14.99 plan only for 200? I have to check...

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also just noticed email coming through on my cell phone (Verizon) and not coming through on my iPad ( AT&T). Wow I thought they both had good coverage....been 15 minutes and its still not showing up on iPad....bummer

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with the 1GB for $20 Verizon plan as I use 700-900 MB per month max, leaves me room to splurge once in a while. A perfect size for me.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's better than go over and pay extra. I do have the post paid with ATT.

ipad2isweak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also just noticed email coming through on my cell phone (Verizon) and not coming through on my iPad ( AT&T). Wow I thought they both had good coverage....been 15 minutes and its still not showing up on iPad....bummer

i got mine last week (wifi only). i noticed that gmail wasn't being pushed for some reason. so i did a search on google and found out that if, for whatever reason, you set up your gmail using msft exchange then it fixes this problem. i don't know why it was like this in the first place, and maybe i messed up setting up my gmail initially. but now it's being pushed correctly. perhaps this could be an issue for you?

Most reactions

Latest posts