What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting TV shows from ipad 2

Liselot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using up a lot of space watching TV shows on my iPad. How can I delete the shows after viewing them? Or moving them to my PC? I cannot remember if I purchased them directly on my iPad or my laptop?
Thank you, Cheryl

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you sync your iPad with iTunes on your laptop you will find the shows will appear on both. With your ipad still connected to your laptop click on your ipads name in the left hand pane of itunes, you can then go to the tv shows tab at the top of iTunes on your laptop then choose to manually choose which shows to sync to your iPad, deselect the shows that you don't want on your iPad then sync again. You will now only have them on your laptop. Hope that helps.

jasperandrews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After watching lots of tv shows, dvds etc on my iPad and keeping it all on my computer I soon ran out of memory on my computer! I now plug in a 2 TB external harddrive and have a massive collection there. Its a great long term solution for storing the large files that tv shows, movies dvds etc create.

matt5968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
If you sync your iPad with iTunes on your laptop you will find the shows will appear on both. With your ipad still connected to your laptop click on your ipads name in the left hand pane of itunes, you can then go to the tv shows tab at the top of iTunes on your laptop then choose to manually choose which shows to sync to your iPad, deselect the shows that you don't want on your iPad then sync again. You will now only have them on your laptop. Hope that helps.

I'm new to this but how do u. Delete podcasts n files from PC..

Thanks alex

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
matt5968 said:

Thanks alex

On a PC I assume you right click and delete, then delete from the trash (or whatever it is called on a PC).

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks alex

I have PC. In iTunes look in the left-hand pane for the type of file you want to delete (books, movies, music, apps, etc.). Click on that the the center pane will display all of the files that fall into that type. Right click on the file and then when the programs asks if you want to move it to the Trash click on "yes."

As usual in Windows, you have the opportunity to restore any files from Trash if you clicked on the wrong one. Once you've emptied the Trash, as I'm sure you know, it's gone forever - or until a government agency gets hold of your hard drive.

Most reactions

Latest posts