What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead pixels

Ayesha91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Today I freaked out over a line of dead pixels (with a dark black pixel at the center and then it fades away to the top and bottom of the screen) on my iPad 2 screen. I tried some YouTube videos with colored backgrounds but I read it is not effective for dead pixels (black).

Also, I noticed that the line is aligned with one of folding lines of the smart cover so I thought it was the reason,,,,

What do you suggest, should I just try I live with it, or take it to a local shop to try to fix it. Have anyone had a similar problem and had the screen fixed?

Also, I got my iPad 2 from online apple store (us), however I live in the united Arab emirates, so replacing is not an option for me.

Appreciate your help!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ayesha91 said:
Hello,

Today I freaked out over a line of dead pixels (with a dark black pixel at the center and then it fades away to the top and bottom of the screen) on my iPad 2 screen. I tried some YouTube videos with colored backgrounds but I read it is not effective for dead pixels (black).

Also, I noticed that the line is aligned with one of folding lines of the smart cover so I thought it was the reason,,,,

What do you suggest, should I just try I live with it, or take it to a local shop to try to fix it. Have anyone had a similar problem and had the screen fixed?

Also, I got my iPad 2 from online apple store (us), however I live in the united Arab emirates, so replacing is not an option for me.

Appreciate your help!

Do Apple not have any physical stores in the UAE? If there are then I would try them first.

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Appreciate your help!

You have 12 months warranty and it's valid in any country in the world - so don't worry...

Tim

OP
A

Ayesha91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Do Apple not have any physical stores in the UAE? If there are then I would try them first.

The Archangel

No, unfortunately there aren't any, there is a store called iStyle which is a premium reseller, and also virgin megastore which sells apple products as well.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ayesha91 said:
No, unfortunately there aren't any, there is a store called iStyle which is a premium reseller, and also virgin megastore which sells apple products as well.

Tim's advice is good.......as always.

The Apple reseller may be able to help under warranty as well.

The Archangel

RunningIrish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just noticed a dead pixel on mine. I also have backlit bleed but it is minimal. I was going to over look the backlight bleed, but not with a dead pixel. I'll be calling to document the complaint, but will wait until close to the 1year mark to replace it so that stores have it in stock, but mainly to give apple time to remove their heads from you know where and solve these production issue. I realize that they are overwhelmed by demand, but you are really hurting your image and customer service when you sacrifice quality for quantity. The reason I went with an iPad over the others is because of apple's reputation for an awesome product. I guess I'll be testing out their noteworthiness for customer service too.

steve21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped mine and now the screen has multi-colored lines on the screen.

Most reactions