What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Day 1 first impressions

briloop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's great for watching Netflix.

More convenient than a laptop or a desktop. You don't have to sit at a table or a desk. Just curl up on a couch or kick back in a recliner.

I'll probably download some books.

I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't watch "Weather in Motion" on weather.com because it requires flash player.

Definitely worth the money.

I own a Macbook and an iPhone, and now an iPad. I don't consider myself a fanboy or a shill. Apple seems to be making some of the best products right now.

Just my two cents....

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thinking about watching netflix at home, wouldn't it be better to just watch it on your TV?

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple makes quality products IMOP, you pay more because you get more and their tech support is tops and this I know from first hand experience. The ipad will be one of the most copied platforms ever...my ipad is great!! I own a imac, ipods, macbook pro.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More convenient than a laptop or a desktop. You

I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't watch "Weather in Motion" on weather.com because it requires flash player.

Just my two cents....

Please help us to remind everyone.

If your favorite website has something that you need and value that does not display properly on the iPad, contact them and complain. If enough early adopters of the iPad complain frequently and loudly the best web sites will get the message an update their technology to HTML5 immediately.

If they don't look for alternatives and loudly spread the word if you find one. Help us take our business and revenue elsewhere to those who care.

Web masters who rely on Flash are lazy and don't care about the security risks they expose you to when they expect you to use it.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have 10 websites i go to daily for use and most do not use flash at all for security reason..plus one of the guys who owns one of the website is a techno greek and he hate flash and he does not run it on the website..

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
at home i have a 27.inchs flat screen to watch movies or tv on ..so why would i want to load a movie onto the unit and take up space ..

OP
B

briloop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried watching Netflix at home. I have a Netflix enabled TV set. To me, the picture quality is better on the iPad.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For weather, download the WeatherBug app. It works and looks great, I have access to different weather cams all over the city of Detroit.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
at home i have a 27.inchs flat screen to watch movies or tv on ..so why would i want to load a movie onto the unit and take up space ..

Video is a strong communication tool when used correctly.

If you run with the big dogs carrying video in your hand or brief case is an effective tool in making a point with few additional words.

Most reactions

Latest posts