What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DarkHaz3 for iPad by ihaz3 - Winterboard

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ihaz3 has released another dark iPad theme following hot on the heals of BlackHaz3.

DarkHaze is unsurprisingly similar to BlackHaze although this time, despite it's name, it is not quite so dark :)

The theme comes with all the components we expect from ihaz3 these days including Weather, Clock, and Picture widgets for both springboard and lock screen along with extras such as SBSettings and LockInfo themes. It also includes a new sound palette which is suitable dark and spooky :)
Folders get a couple of different theme options as does the general dark UI which can be made a little more grey if you don't want things too dark! There is also a "tap to unlock" widget for the lock screen and many many more features I haven't even tried yet!

Here are a few shots of the theme, starting with the standard lock screen:

6cc9d3d6.jpg

And the basic springboard:

b235cbad.jpg

An alternative lock screen with picture frame (images cycle through with transitions)

4e89133c.jpg

There's a gorgeous weather widget for the springboard featuring my iconoclasm layout which you can download in the second post... :)

61f7c556.jpg

And loading screens for the apps:

38591b3a.jpg

The UI gets the dark treatment too:

f74733ec.jpg

And there is more minimal clock widget if you are not so keen on the weather widget:

e9e32a64.jpg

The stock apps such as Safari get themed too:

5ccfec15.jpg

And finally the SBSettings theme:

78e77f7d.jpg

So there you go. DarkHaz3 for iPad. Another great theme with a dark edge!

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love ihaz3's weather widgets, but really like my 5x5 iconoclasm layouts so I've created one which works with this and most of ihaz3's other themes, so you don't have to do lots of fiddling with gridlock or other tweaks.

Download the layout from here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/304587/5x5 Haz3 by f4780y.plist and use iFile or another SSH solution to place it in the iconoclasm layouts folder on your iPad at - \Library\Iconoclasm\Layouts

The layout can be seen on the weather widget screenshot in the first post.

Have fun!

Last edited:

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased this theme and it is really nice. My question is that there are many widgets. Can you use 2 at once? I have the weather showing at the top but would love the picture slideshow also.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased this theme and it is really nice. My question is that there are many widgets. Can you use 2 at once? I have the weather showing at the top but would love the picture slideshow also.

Unfortunately you can't combine widgets like you suggest. They are basically full screen HTML files, so they would fully overlay each other rather than combine.
If you have some HTML skills though you could edit your own. The widget is just an HTML file with some javascript and css like most standard web pages. You could combine the two components into a new one with some effort...

If you don't feel like doing that, you could always drop ihaz3 an email and make a request / suggestion for a combined weather and picture springboard.

Hope that helps.

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Unfortunately you can't combine widgets like you suggest. They are basically full screen HTML files, so they would fully overlay each other rather than combine.
If you have some HTML skills though you could edit your own. The widget is just an HTML file with some javascript and css like most standard web pages. You could combine the two components into a new one with some effort...

If you don't feel like doing that, you could always drop ihaz3 an email and make a request / suggestion for a combined weather and picture springboard.

Hope that helps.

Great idea. I am not familiar with HTML. I will email ihaz3.

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pardon my noobishness but where do in find all these widgets and also how do I fix the weather?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-3129872731.png
    image-3129872731.png
    327.2 KB · Views: 808

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never mind...I turned off summerboard

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts