What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BlackHaz3 HD Special for iPad3 - Winterboard

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here it is folks! One of the first full themes to support the iPad3 retina display. BlackHaz3 has been around for a while on both the iPhone and previous generation iPads, but this is a full iPad3 retina update!

BlackHaz3 has always been for those that prefer a really dark theme.... Here's the springboard with the optional weather widget and purple icon glow activated...

2d526a36.jpg

There's a nice lockscreen widget with photoslide (the photos can be exchanged for your own images if you edit the theme using iFile) as well as a "Tap to Unlock" widget...

e72aee43.jpg

...even Newsstand goes dark!

da5c34b3.jpg

There is a Color Keyboard HD mod included, which as you can see works great with iKeywi HD too!

cfbda914.jpg

Folder Enhancer gets a nice dark tray for icons...

43b4019d.jpg

and the Twitter client of the moment, TweetBot, even gets its own dark skin!

fe0ce449.jpg

There are quite a few other theme extras including an RSS ticker for the springboard, various colour glow mods for the icons including red, green, blue, and purple, as well as skins for Lockinfo and others.

fatboy's 5x5 Iconoclasm Layout for iHaz3 Themes
Some time ago I created a 5x5 icon layout specifically for iHaz3 themes, which gives you 25 icons on the springboard, but nicely compressed for the weather widget. You can see this layout in effect on the first screenshot above.

Download the layout from here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/304587/5x5 Haz3 by f4780y.plist

Then use iFile or another SSH solution to place it in the iconoclasm layouts folder on your iPad at - \Library\Iconoclasm\Layouts

Changing the Weather Widget Location Code
In order to change the weather on ANY theme you install, you need to use iFile (or similar) to edit the appropriate file within the theme to add your own weather location. The details can be different by theme, but there is usually an instruction file in the root of the theme.

The weather widgets will be located in your var/stash/Theme.xxxxx/ folder. The Widget may be stand alone or may be embedded within the main theme. For iHaz3 themes they are normally separate. Note - the xxxxx bit is particular to your device and will be a seemingly random set of letters.

For all current iHaz3 themes, you need to edit a file called Wallpaper.html.
Within that you search for the "var locale =" variable and substitute the value in there with your own weather locale. If you don't know what this is you will need to find it via Accuweather using a web browser before you start.

-----

So there you go. BlackHaz3 HD Special for iPad3 - one of the first iPad3 retina ready themes, $2.29 in Cydia.

Happing Themeing!

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've updated the first post with a few more details than the original announcement! :D

kurosaki23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is the only one theme for ipad3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kurosaki23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
woah thnx for the reply, cant wait for other themes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kennyrodgers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi f4780y,
just jailbreaked my ipad3 today and thanks for the heads up re the "Dark" theme ! right up my street :)
Just a quickie tho' if I may ....... I can't find how to use the color mod for the keyboard as you show above.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Pete.

MrClean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love this theme! I managed to get the weather widget set for my city and switched to fahrenheit. I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix the following things I see with the weather widget.
1. My icons are "on top" of the weather widget. I see in the dev's screenshot they are not
2. When I turn to landscape the weather widget remains in portrait.

My scripting skills are minimal so I'm not even sure where to look for these variables. Thanks in advance.

kennyrodgers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here for the weather widget, Oh, and I live in Amsterdam apparently hehe.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love this theme! I managed to get the weather widget set for my city and switched to fahrenheit. I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix the following things I see with the weather widget.
1. My icons are "on top" of the weather widget. I see in the dev's screenshot they are not
2. When I turn to landscape the weather widget remains in portrait.

My scripting skills are minimal so I'm not even sure where to look for these variables. Thanks in advance.

MrClean.

1. I have added details of the mod I did for Iconoclasm to the first post. I have made the mod freely available to all our members, I had just forgotten to add it to this review.
2. No developers have yet cracked the problem of iPad orientation when it comes to widgets. If you want to use these ones, you need to stick to portrait. Sorry.

Kennyrodgers - actually iHaz3 lives in Amsterdam, hence the default setting ;)

I have added instructions on changing the weather code at the end of the review too...
And the colour keyboard is courtest of the Color Keyboard HD tweak, hence the reason I bolded it and all the other tweak names in the review :)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

MrClean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
MrClean.

1. I have added details of the mod I did for Iconoclasm to the first post. I have made the mod freely available to all our members, I had just forgotten to add it to this review.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for adding that info! I can live with portrait, no problem. This theme still makes my iPad the coolest thing around.

kennyrodgers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kennyrodgers - actually iHaz3 lives in Amsterdam, hence the default setting ;)

I have added instructions on changing the weather code at the end of the review too...
And the colour keyboard is courtest of the Color Keyboard HD tweak, hence the reason I bolded it and all the other tweak names in the review :)

Hope that helps.

cheers for that bud but I don't seem to have the Color Keyboard HD tweak in my list of options from the winter board list.
Very odd.:)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cheers for that bud but I don't seem to have the Color Keyboard HD tweak in my list of options from the winter board list.
Very odd.:)

Color Keyboard HD is a separate, paid tweak from Cydia (it's $2.99, USD). It doesn't get activated via Winterboard, it's got it's own settings within the Settings app.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts