What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dang Skype

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On 4.3.3 and on the iPhone at 4.2.8 (Verizon), Skype worked just fine. But with this 5.0.1 (both pad and phone jailbroken), it will not work on either device, and the problem is the same on both units.

When trying to make a Test Call to the Skype echo test server, the call will ring the test server a few times, one time, or (on the iPhone) no times, and then quickly disconnect before an answer. I have tried it over and over and over.... same result every time.

I removed and reinstalled Mobile Substrate on the phone (which had a problem locking onto 3g service - reinstalling MS fixed that issue), but that had no effect on the Skype issue.

Login in is no problem. I am making the calls from the iPad via WiFi tethered to the iPhone, but as I'm using two completely independant apps for these calls, it doesn't seem like the iPhone's problem would be the same as the iPad's. When tethered to the iPhone, as I am, the data path is different from that which the iPhone uses for its 3g data communications.

One of the more confounding things about all this is that when I try to search for similar problems using Google, all the hits are WAY OUT OF DATE. I sure wish Google would provide a service that one could select to ignore (or filter out) stale-dated returns.

Any ideas on this?? Thanks.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't help you with your Skype issue (both my JB iPad and iPhone run Skype fine).

However, I can give you a tip on using Google to search: When you are in the initial search results, take a look at the left column of the Google page. You should see a link titled something like "More Search Options." Pressing that will give you the option to narrow your time window.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions