What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype crashing - is there a log of the cause?

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the upgrade to 5.0.1 and jailbreak on both the iPad and iPhone, my Skype won't work on either. A call to the echo test server gets hung up on immediately after the ringing begins, and often before I even hear a ring. It just says, "Call Ended."

Is there a means of determining what happened? ... even if I have to send or post a log or section of it for evaluation by someone. I do have iFile installed.

I have only tested and used Skype (On the previous JB versions on the pad and phone) very little. The app loads and stays displayed, it just won't make a call.

It's not a JB deal-breaker for me, as I have no use for it just now, but it is possible that I might want it sometime in the future.

Thanks.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a problem when your device is jailbroken with Absinthe. There's no problem with Skype on RedSn0w jailbroken devices. We'll probably have to wait for a fix

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have to disagree (for my particular case). My iPhone4 is not JB with Absinthe, but rather RedsnOw, and exibits the exact same behavior as the iPad. My Laptop's Skype is fine.

Now, back to the log question...

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting lots of crashes on different apps since installing the jailbreak. It's starting to anger me. Nothing like typing a long post in a forum only for the app to crash and you lose everything you typed.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
TC93 said:
I'm getting lots of crashes on different apps since installing the jailbreak. It's starting to anger me. Nothing like typing a long post in a forum only for the app to crash and you lose everything you typed.

Can you list out what you have installed from Cydia and which device you have and well see if we can help.

Most reactions