What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype won't record

Skiier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Skype on my iPad 1 but it won't record my voice during calls though I can hear the other person fine, but he cannot hear me and my voice isn't recorded on the Skype test call function. I have used it for ages on my iPhone 3GS then iPhone 4 with no problems. I have upgraded the iPhone OS to the latest, shut down/restarted and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but nothing works. does Skype simply not work with the iPad 1?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - Skype works just fine with the iPad1; I, and many other members, use it every day. Of course, on the iPad1 (like I have) there's no outgoing video, but the microphone works just fine and I can see incoming video calls too.

Does your microphone work with other apps, or is it just Skype that's affected? You don't have 'mute' enabled in Skype (so that you can talk 'off the record' while in the middle of a call, without the other party being able to hear you)?

Tim

OP
S

Skiier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mike works fine in all other apps such as Dragon Dictate. I will check if mute is selected but I don't see how that's possible as I uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - you make a good point, as mute is normally disabled by default. I think we'll have to let some other iPad Forum members suggest something. I can't see what could cause this problem - assuming mute isn't on which, now that you mention, I suspect is very unlikely.

Tim

OP
S

Skiier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Err, D'OH! I uninstalled for the second time and reinstalled and now it works. Im sure I didn't have mute selected but at least it works now.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just love those gremlins - I've done that so many times myself - and there's simply no logical explanation!! Glad it's working!!

Tim

Most reactions