What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia- list of what not to install.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that this thread is "dangerous" or could be. iWhat is not stating that this thread is do or die ~

He just wants opinions and experiences. Besides, whomever reads these threads, performs whatever is stated in them, or not, they do so at their own risk.

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is the title of this thread makes it sound as if it is more official or technical than what it is. If it was for beginners or noobs it would have been better to include that in title.

There are apps that should be avoided in Cydia, usually due to conflicting with another app , outdated, not ready for current firmware, etc... But to include backgrounder in such a list to me makes the list more misleading than useful.

Michael

Which are these great apps? Please list the conflicting combination,can be of great use :)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is the title of this thread makes it sound as if it is more official or technical than what it is. If it was for beginners or noobs it would have been better to include that in title.

There are apps that should be avoided in Cydia, usually due to conflicting with another app , outdated, not ready for current firmware, etc... But to include backgrounder in such a list to me makes the list more misleading than useful.

Michael

Which are these great apps? Please list the conflicting combination,can be of great use :)

These are the cydia apps i have installed in my jailbroken ipad that wrk very well with no issues:
-Backgrounder- i had same issue as u b4 bjt i restored, rejailbraked, and redownloaded it and had no issues ever since. It wasnt the app, it was something else. Probaly me trying to do too much at once or too fast..lol
-winterboard n themes, great for customization of the user interface and sounds, my ipad looks and sounds nothing like stock. U would think my ipad is a robot when it talks. I used the chris something robotic voice add on. Cool as hell.
-SB Settings- like Tinman said, this is a great hidden menu. Just swile the top left of screen and a customizable menu pops up. Really handy plus opens up in just about any app.
-Unlimited Videos, allows u to download latest movies directly into ipad. Has built in downloader, plus watch movies straight from there or u can stream the movies, or just move the file to whever u want it usingggggg..
-Ifile, possibly the greatest and most powerful tool u can have on ur ipad. Its basically a full blown file explorer. Look deep inside the ipad files and folders. Cut, copy, paste, move files to wherever u want. With this, u dont need itunes for transfers of movies, music, pix, or whatever. Can be risky if u go messing around with system files and dont know what u doing. But for most stuff, it wrks great.
-Circuitous, goes great with backgrounder. Its like a task manager and allows u to switch thru different apps u have open or close them. Plus u can free up ram there also. Beware though if u try to free up too much ram ipad will reboot..lol or does for me at least. No apps running the most free around 130-140 mb
-adownloader, another movie downloader, free of course. ;-)
-mxtube, download youtube vids straight into ipad and watch anytime.
-dtunes, supposedly underground itunes type app. I havent used this much yet or really figured it out.lol
-Various Emulators such as Genesis AD, SNES AD, gps or the gameboyadvane one, NES, and i have the PSX one but havnt quite got that one wrkin yet. It dowesnt have the builtin downloader so u have to use ifiles to put file in the appropriate folder. Psx files arent as easy as the others. Ill figure it out soon.
-BT Stack, allows u to use bt mouse n more.
-ipodmovieinfo app...more free movies downloads n more.
Im sure i have more i cant think of or probaly system tweaks.
So thats what i have in my ipad at the moment running with no problems.:D

Most reactions

Latest posts