What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

- -- CYDIA -- - doesn't run after Absinthe jailbreak HELP plz plz plz

AntiGravityLazer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone , I just jailbreaked my Ipad 3 last night by using Absinthe but when I click on the Cydia icon it doesn't RUN , the screen goes black for a second and then it shows the main menu of my Ipad again.

How should I fix it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try restarting or booting the iPad. Then press the Cydia icon again. The servers at Cydia are still getting hit pretty hard with all the people trying to get to it. You may just have to keep trying until you can get a connection.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about Cydia and jail breaking, I've taken the liberty of moving this post over to out Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it not working at all or is it when you try to run one of the tweaks like sbsettings? I had trouble with bigboss tweaks like that one and was only able to add sbsettings about 30 minutes ago. I jailbroke yesterday.

OP
A

AntiGravityLazer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you add APPs to your Ipad with a computer that is NOT Authorised with your Ipad , the APPs that were on your Ipad wouldn't work any more and you have to delete them all and re-install them.

My Cydia has the same problem , when I click on it nothing happens, its like it was jail broken BAD.

SO I don't really think its because of the connection.

I think I have to restore may Ipad to IOS 5.1 and then jailbreak it AGAIN , the problem I have is that I have to save my SHSH BLOB files with the software "Tiny Umbrella"(which doesn't run correctly on my PC)

Any of you know how I can SAVE my SHSH files by using Ifun Box or any other software?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you add APPs to your Ipad with a computer that is NOT Authorised with your Ipad , the APPs that were on your Ipad wouldn't work any more and you have to delete them all and re-install them.

My Cydia has the same problem , when I click on it nothing happens, its like it was jail broken BAD.

SO I don't really think its because of the connection.

I think I have to restore may Ipad to IOS 5.1 and then jailbreak it AGAIN , the problem I have is that I have to save my SHSH BLOB files with the software "Tiny Umbrella"(which doesn't run correctly on my PC)

Any of you know how I can SAVE my SHSH files by using Ifun Box or any other software?

I think your best bet at this point IS to to restore to iOS 5.1.1 and start over. If you are still not getting Cydia to start its initializing, then something must have gone wrong with the jail break.

Remember that jail breaking and saving your SHSH blobs are two different processes. You don't have to jail break to save blobs and you don't have to save blobs to jail break. The main thing you have to do is ensure you save blobs before Apple closes the signing window. And, for iOS 5.1.1, they haven't yet.

Oh, and Tiny Umbrella is the other way to save blobs if you are not jailbroken.

So, try the jail break again (after restoring). Then, have a look at this thread for saving those SHSH blobs with Tiny Umbrella: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=42301.

It should help with saving blobs. If you have trouble, still, with saving them, please ask for assistance over in that thread. It will keep the two topics somewhat separated and prevent fragmentation. Thanks.

Good luck with the jail break. Let us know if you get it sorted or holler back for more help.

Marilyn

OP
A

AntiGravityLazer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx Mickey :thumbs::thumbs: , how can I restore to 5.1.1(Not jailbroken) ?

I've also downloaded the IOS 5.1.1 Firmware but I don't know how to set it up on my IPAD 3 , what software should I use for that?

And Whats the normal way to RESTORE to 5.1.1 again? Can I use Itunes?

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've also downloaded the IOS 5.1.1 Firmware but I don't know how to set it up on my IPAD 3 , what software should I use for that?

the best thing to do is plug it into your computer and do the factory reset option in iTunes. I believe it's on the first page when your viewing your device. if iTunes gives you a connection error then perform a reset through the iPad in general/about/reset and clear all content and settings, then go a do a factory 5.1.1 restore.

you should be fine after following those steps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Have a look at this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=52863

If you follow the steps in it, then you should end up with an iPad running the latest stock iOS, which is 5.1.1 today. Then, once you've got a stock iPad again, you can make the decision whether to try the jail break again.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts