What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked the ipad screen, got a free replacement from the apple store

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
You are too funny---but even funnier, is I do the same as well!! :)

Yes!!! Only kid that will ever touch this iPad is Miles and that is only by accident while I am using it. He write texts so I just send them to the person and sign it "love Miles". I trust him with it more than some little crumb snatcher lmao.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would think the iPad is pretty much like the iPhone in the way of repairing the glass and LCD screen, if so last summer I dropped my 3GS on the concrete driveway cracked the glass , the LCD screen was ok but when you try and take off the LCD screen to do the repair its glued on really good, the LCD ended up,cracking when my husband removed it. The LCD is easy to replace too so if you are going to repair it on your own get both the glass and LCD screen on eBay, I think it cost me $24 for the parts and they give you the tools you need. Just find a good YouTube video to help guide you.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I protect this thing like it is the last iPad on earth.

That made me laugh aloud.

I take my chances with my iPads, but I also expect to take responsibility if I smash them.

The "new generational" label can be unfair. I know plenty of responsible people across generations. And there are whiners and blamers across age groups.

It does make me wonder, though, when someone says their kid smashed their iPad and they expect Apple to step up: Is that what they're teaching their kids -- that someone else is responsible for your messes?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
That made me laugh aloud.

I take my chances with my iPads, but I also expect to take responsibility if I smash them.

The "new generational" label can be unfair. I know plenty of responsible people across generations. And there are whiners and blamers across age groups.

It does make me wonder, though, when someone says their kid smashed their iPad and they expect Apple to step up: Is that what they're teaching their kids -- that someone else is responsible for your messes?

Exactly, well I will rephrase then, I don't recall any of this during MY childhood or young adult years (will be 48 in August) But I DO see a lot of this behavior from this age group through friends' / acquaintances' children / nieces and nephews, news, etc. If I smashed my mother's iPad she would have smashed me and not expect Apple to fix it.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Yes!!! Only kid that will ever touch this iPad is Miles and that is only by accident while I am using it. He write texts so I just send them to the person and sign it "love Miles". I trust him with it more than some little crumb snatcher lmao.

Grrrrreat.......lol!!!!

The Archangel

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Grrrrreat.......lol!!!!

The Archangel

And I do have a screen protector on lol!!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly, well I will rephrase then, I don't recall any of this during MY childhood or young adult years (will be 48 in August) But I DO see a lot of this behavior from this age group through friends' / acquaintances' children / nieces and nephews, news, etc. If I smashed my mother's iPad she would have smashed me and not expect Apple to fix it.

Mine would've smashed me, too. But that's basically it -- your mum and mine taught responsibility. Among kids today who lack that, there are parents at fault. I look at my peers with kids and I don't see such behavior, thankfully. For instance, my brother and sis-in-law give our families carte blanche to correct their kids, because they know what's good for them.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
And I do have a screen protector on lol!!!

That's a step too far for me.....but no one touches my iPad but me!

The Archangel

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Mine would've smashed me, too. But that's basically it -- your mum and mine taught responsibility. Among kids today who lack that, there are parents at fault. I look at my peers with kids and I don't see such behavior, thankfully. For instance, my brother and sis-in-law give our families carte blanche to correct their kids, because they know what's good for them.

Yup on mum and great for bro!! It takes a village, literally!!

rcg824

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I 'm just saying that if apple supplies the case and it doesn't hold the devise then there should be some responsibility on the part of Apple.especially making the cover out of simple non safety glass,

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I 'm just saying that if apple supplies the case and it doesn't hold the devise then there should be some responsibility on the part of Apple.especially making the cover out of simple non safety glass,

Do you know of safety glass that can be used as a touch-screen?

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I understand that accidents occur and that things become damaged. It has happened to me, when I least expect it, but only after having a device for a few years.

However,what blows my mind is how quickly one purchases or receives their ipad...and than days/weeks later, it has a broken/scratched screen issue. To me, having such an expensive device deserves care when in use or better yet who is using it. In addition, a protective cover, sleeve or something is also of utmost importance as well from the day you purchase a device like this. Create a protective barrier for it. Perhaps these factors were in place and the damage still occurred. Than in my mind you did the best you could to protect it.

Money does not come off the money tree for most of us-though I wish it did! The ipad is an expensive device-we all know that. We work hard for our earnings and save for what we want. Maybe considering some of this up front may help to reduce risk of damage so early on. I don't mean to offend anyone here. I feel bad for all that have experienced damaged screens, etc. However, it is hard for me not to think this way when I read some of the comments.

Just me thinking out loud. :eek:

I most heartily agree with this post. These expensive, awesome and beautiful devices must be babied and handled with the utmost of care. If not for the price of the object, but for the respect of its craftsmanship.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
That Miles!! You are teaching him at a very young age!!

Arf Arf!!

Ha ha!!! Not by my doing. Trying to multitask while cuddling lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts