What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked my Ipad2 screen.

OP
Farhat

Farhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DennisW said:
+1 to this. I stupidly dropped my 4-day old iPad2 on to a hardwood floor and shattered the screen. I went to the local Apple store after reading these stories and just asked to have it fixed. They told me the same, "one time only, I've never done anything like this before" and gave me a brand new one at no charge. I'm sure by now the store employees know that the work is spreading on the internet about this unofficial policy, but they have to play the game.
So, as Tim said, be humble, polite, and thank them for this favor. I even popped for the Apple Care plan after that just as a way of saying "thanks".

And I might add that some sort of protective sleeve or folio is a wise investment, as you won't get a second free replacement. Apple prices the cost of a screen replacement at $300, BTW.

Niceee...

OP
Farhat

Farhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim and All,

Well, finally I got my cracked ipad2 screen fix today. Cost me $260 Singapore Dollars but it worth the money. My ipad totally look new and the guy who fix my cracked ipad is really professional and friendly. I'm a happy man today and thanks to him. By the way, Iphone 4s were released here today in Singapore and already out of stock in all the TELCO stores. Kinda funny and got this feeling and saying in my heart..." was that their sales strategy". Hmmmmmmm.........

OP
Farhat

Farhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Good to hear that you managed to get it fixed in the end. Thanks for letting us know.

Tim

You are welcome, happy to know that I got friends in here who willing to share tips and info about Idevices. Will update to you about Apple trend in Singapore in the coming and near future.

luvbugipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cracked on a carpeted floor? I fell asleep last night with Ipad2 in my lap and I found it on my carpeted floor but maybe what saved it ...it was face up? Plus I have only had it for 3 days...no playing with IPAD when I am tired.

OP
Farhat

Farhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
luvbugipad2 said:
Cracked on a carpeted floor? I fell asleep last night with Ipad2 in my lap and I found it on my carpeted floor but maybe what saved it ...it was face up? Plus I have only had it for 3 days...no playing with IPAD when I am tired.

Good advised.. I'll make sure I won't do that also.

Frootshoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few weeks ago cracked my screen. I was gutted. I'd only dropped it less than two feet and it managed to shatter at the edge of the screen. Took it to my local apple store they had a look at it and said I would have to pay for the replacement iPad £249 plus vat. No freebie mentioned I was absolutely gutted still a very good price for a new iPad so I went ahead with it can't cope without my iPad now. However once home I decided I'd try an email to apple once I'd found a decent email address (which wasn't easy) I emailed them pointing them to this website and asking why some got repaired for free and some didn't. I wasn't really expecting anything. But a day later I got a phone call from the apple store manager I spoke with him for sometime about their policies on replacement at the end of the call he said for this time only and as a gesture of good will we will send you an apple gift card to the value of the replacement. Seriously I was bloody well amazed. Fair play to Apple I now love them.

OP
Farhat

Farhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frootshoot said:
A few weeks ago cracked my screen. I was gutted. I'd only dropped it less than two feet and it managed to shatter at the edge of the screen. Took it to my local apple store they had a look at it and said I would have to pay for the replacement iPad £249 plus vat. No freebie mentioned I was absolutely gutted still a very good price for a new iPad so I went ahead with it can't cope without my iPad now. However once home I decided I'd try an email to apple once I'd found a decent email address (which wasn't easy) I emailed them pointing them to this website and asking why some got repaired for free and some didn't. I wasn't really expecting anything. But a day later I got a phone call from the apple store manager I spoke with him for sometime about their policies on replacement at the end of the call he said for this time only and as a gesture of good will we will send you an apple gift card to the value of the replacement. Seriously I was bloody well amazed. Fair play to Apple I now love them.

If only there's Apple Store in Singapore life will be much better.

Most reactions

Latest posts