What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could this be why the new jailbreak didn't work for me?

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downgraded from 4.2 and I didn't have to use tinyumbrella to boot my ipad out of recovery. It just worked from the beginning.

Also can people go to settings and about and then post your iPad spec in this thread and tell us if it worked for you or if it didn't?

Model: MB292C
Version 3.2.2 (7B500)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no, that is normal. If you are on 4.2 and you just hit restore it will go to 3.2.2 since that is the most current firmware version...if you want to go to 3.2.1 or 3.2 you have to do some tricks.

OP
M

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no, that is normal. If you are on 4.2 and you just hit restore it will go to 3.2.2 since that is the most current firmware version...if you want to go to 3.2.1 or 3.2 you have to do some tricks.

Wait, if I go to 3.2 will it let me JB? Can I do that?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, by using jailbreakme.com... But you have to be able to GET to 3.2 (or better, 3.2.1) first. To do that you need to have your SHSH's saved. Those are the tricks... And if you don't know whether you have SHSH's, then more than likely you don't have them... And no, you cant get them now.

Hope that "helps"

blizzer3

iPF Noob
Reaction score

you are most likely stuck like me at 3.2.2 and cant downgrade.
if you didnt save the SHSH for 3.2 or 3.2.1 you cant downgrade.

and i cant jailbreak either on 3.2.2,
i did the same thing and i got a Ipad 3G 32GB

OP
M

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a shitty jailbreak it doesn't work for 1/2 of us.

delrahim69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
id say more than half macmee, i see way more people having the same problem where the icon doesnt appear than people who have it working.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

you are most likely stuck like me at 3.2.2 and cant downgrade.
if you didnt save the SHSH for 3.2 or 3.2.1 you cant downgrade.

and i cant jailbreak either on 3.2.2,
i did the same thing and i got a Ipad 3G 32GB

You can downgrade....go to the hacking forum and look at the sticky thread about downgrading from 3.2.2 to 3.2.1.

Also, I originally had 3.2, upped to 4.2, then went back to 3.2, then the new JB came out and I went back to 3.2.2 and jailbroke.

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"what a shitty jailbreak" isn't really polite imo, everyone who's trying to give jailbreka to the public doesn't need to. shouldn't complain about how bad the jailbreak is. not working, perhaps, but the jailbreak itself?

Panther

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's because half the people here aren't doing it correctly...

We aren't doing it incorrectly rogatsby. The instructions are simple. There must be an incompatibility somewhere. There are also people with multiple ipads that have it working on some but not others.

Just because it worked for your iPad doesn't mean it works for all of them.

ss56709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it has to do with whether your ipad has 3.2.2 preloaded or not

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's because half the people here aren't doing it correctly...

We aren't doing it incorrectly rogatsby. The instructions are simple. There must be an incompatibility somewhere. There are also people with multiple ipads that have it working on some but not others.

Just because it worked for your iPad doesn't mean it works for all of them.

The reason for my comment was that I also failed the first three times I tried it. Then I tried it with iTunes open and adjusted the timing of the button presses/releases, and it worked.

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason for my comment was that I also failed the first three times I tried it. Then I tried it with iTunes open and adjusted the timing of the button presses/releases, and it worked.
I've tried it 20 times already, like literally, 20 times. All slightly different methods on 4 different computers. There is a bug in the software, no doubt about it.

Fish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No its because you can't jailbreak iPads with a model that has "MB" in it. All successful jailbreaks have had "MC" iPad models. Hopefully geohot will fix this but it's not user error.

Most reactions

Latest posts