What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct DVD format for IPad

Ajimoli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used DVD Fab to rip my movies into a suitable format for my PSP and my IPhone for a couple of years. All the movies that I have ripped and store on my portable hard drive are in the MPEG-4 format. I can easily load these into my IPad and they play quite well but I was wondering if there is a better format that I should rip to in order to get the best possible resolution when viewing the movies on my IPad.

I've noticed that many of the applications that I had on my IPhone and chose to also load onto my IPad had to be viewed in a small format. If you chose the option to enlarge (2X) the resolution sucked. Of course many of these applications are now available in the IPad format and I have reloaded all that are available but this got me to thinking that I might not be seeing the best possible resolution on the movies that I used to watch on my IPhone and are now watching on the IPad. This is my reason for the question.

Thanks for any help.:D

Paul

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I'm ripping my DVDs to mp4 for my iPad. But I'm ripping at a higher resolution than the iPhone resolution.

I'm using hand break with the apple tv presets.

The files end up being a little over one gig each.

Most reactions