What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad DVD conversion?

Dannys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am new to this forum and new to the wonderful world of ipads!

I have had my iPad for a couple of days now and I am thoroughly rnjoying it..... Mostly!

I was given the iPad for my birthday and also received the complete lost DVD collection. I use format factory to watch DVDs on the move on my iPhone with no difficulty, however, I am unable to get any of the settings to work for my iPad!?

I have read a previous thread which said it was easy to use format factoy, just use these settings..... No avail!

Does anyone have any experience to help me rip my DVD collection onto my iPad either using format factory or another recommended software?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I put movies on my iPad I use the iPod setting in Handbrake. Actually, I created an iPad setting there. You need to convert the movies to MP4 which is what the iPod uses. I have never had a problem when doing this. It takes a really long time but I usually set it up before going to bed and it's ready in the morning to move over to itunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts