What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting Ipad/Iphone to an Airprint Printer

freddmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter has an iphone and wants to use an air print printer. She doesn't have a computer or internet connection at her house.
My understanding is that you have to have wi-fi in order to communicate between the iphone and printer. My question then is can you use a cheap router that isn't connected either to a computer or the internet ro print on an air printer printer.

Thanks

Fred Mc

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. All AirPrint needs is a local wi-fi network. The internet is not necessary.

However, if she is normally using a cellular connection to get internet at home, then she will have to switch back and forth between cellular and wi-fi whenever she wants to print. Also, once the iPad connects to the wi-fi network it will prefer it over the cellular connection; making it necessary to manually disconnect from the network or turn off the iPad's wi-fi when it's not needed.

readyfreddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does she has a dropbox account? if she does, she can download a compatible air printer to her dropbox account and the dropbox will send the print request. any questions shoot me a thread. Freddie

Most reactions

Latest posts