What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

confused about charging

Daved2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when I first got my iPad2 I was using it daily and letting the battery completely run out before charging. Then I read that this is called deep discharging and shortens the battery life. so if Im not to let the battery completely run out before charging then when should I charge it , 60% 40% 20%. Can somebody please advise on this.

Thanks

helix2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I let mine get down to 50% then charge it. I know on my cell phone the battery would not keep a charge long when I was constantly charging the battery. When I got the replacement battery I would not charge it until I got the low battery indication from the phone. I don't know if this holds true for the Ipad2 or n ot. Hopefully those with more experience will jump in.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Daved2006 - welcome to the forum! :)

Now, there are numerous threads & posts on the iPad's battery, so a little searching would likely provide useful comments - just saying?

Check out the second post in THIS THREAD which was closed quickly because of the statement above; also, check out this APPLE SUPPORT ARTICLE - welcome aboard!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is what to do:

For regular charging, its fine to charge it anywhere from around 20% through 40% - the exact percentage isnt important. Always go back to 100% before using it again. Then, once a month or say every 15 or so charges, let it run out, like down to 5% or less and then fully charge it. This act will calibrate the meter which is worthwhile. Most batteries do better when charged using this guideline.

Most reactions

Latest posts