What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad2 won't charge to 100%

FrankP99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used my iPad2 down to 9% battery then put it on to charge with the wall charger not the usb. After 9 hours charging, it was holding at only 94%. I turned of all the notifications, location servives, wifi and 3G, etc while charging so theoretically nothing could be using power while recharging.

I am guessing that 9 hours and only 94% means a bad battery?

Has anyone else run into this when recharging the iPad2? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Frank

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should have been 100% wagging b4 9 hrs. More like barely 2 hrs. I would take it back and get it exchanged. I'd tell them faulty battery not charging to 100% don't waste time as they will probaly try to give u some b.s. Reason to keep it longer. U still under the 2 week exchange or refund policy. aCT NOW! Lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or it could just be a calibration issue.

Run the iPad until it shuts down by itself. Then put it back on the charger and see if it gets back to 100%. Give it a full 10 hours, just to be on the safe side.

If that does not work, be certain to contact Apple.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, just do a reset first before anything else. If the reset causes the software to recalibrate the power meter correctly to 100% (or at least higher than 94%), then you wouldn't have to worry about all the other steps.

OP
F

FrankP99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or it could just be a calibration issue.

Run the iPad until it shuts down by itself. Then put it back on the charger and see if it gets back to 100%. Give it a full 10 hours, just to be on the safe side.

If that does not work, be certain to contact Apple.
Thanks I will try that.

Most reactions

Latest posts