What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

completely stuck with desktop connect

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First I want to say how much I enjoy the ipad 64gig. Now my problem. I purchased desktop connect from Apple Store and syced it to the ipad. I then downloaded tightvnc beta as I have win7 64bit. In the vnc I entered the password so now when I open desktop connect a window appears asking for password so after entering it I am dead in the water, Nothing to see a command or no button to push. Thats it. I sent a email to desktop connect but no answer. Any help will be appreciated. jim_joh

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First I want to say how much I enjoy the ipad 64gig. Now my problem. I purchased desktop connect from Apple Store and syced it to the ipad. I then downloaded tightvnc beta as I have win7 64bit. In the vnc I entered the password so now when I open desktop connect a window appears asking for password so after entering it I am dead in the water, Nothing to see a command or no button to push. Thats it. I sent a email to desktop connect but no answer. Any help will be appreciated. jim_joh

Jim,

Are you trying to view your "Desktop" on your iPad or vice versa?

The Desktop connect allows you to connect to your main PC/Mac and control it from the iPad. You need to run a VNC / Remote Desktop client on your PC or Mac to allow the iPad to connect to it.

I do not believe TightVNC offers a server, only a client.

Do you have a PC or Mac?

OP
J

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responce. I am trying to see my pc with win7 64bit on the ipad. I guess I am over my head jim_joh

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responce. I am trying to see my pc with win7 64bit on the ipad. I guess I am over my head jim_joh

You just need a VNC server on your Windows PC.

The Free version from RealVNC.com is here:

RealVNC - VNC Server Free Edition 4.1 for Windows

They have some instructions... but mainly you need to install the server on your PC and setup a password. Then, from your iPad you'll need to know the IP of your Windows PC and you should be able to connect!

OP
J

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back to square one. I down loaded the realvnc but when I open "desktop Connect" on my ipad there is a window with 6 squares for password, After entering the pass word for vnc there is no command on the ipad widow to do any thing at all. I have tapped all over but nothing. If I click the key board to hide it the password I entered disappears. Everytime I click desktop direct icon this window and only this window comes up so I am dead in the water. One good thing has happened. I purchased "readdledocs" and what a great program it is. thanks for your ideas jim_joh

OP
J

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please I need a answer to my problem. I have sent 2 emails to Antecea and no answer. Also I looked at the forum on their web site and others have the same problem and no answer. Also their web site says with windows7 use tightvcn, Again when I open "desktop connect" on the ipad only one window comes up asking for passcode and when you enter it nothing & I mean nothing shows to click to proceed. jim_joh

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jim joh, I am a believer of the squeaky wheel getting the grease. Have you gone back to the apple store and talked to the person that suggested the software to you?

I can bet they could be cajoled into just giving you a replacement iPad for the one you have, just so you don't have a nice looking small boat anchor.

I only read portions of your post so i am not really sure why you went down the path you did, but maybe it's time to re-group and follow the path of least resistance and install itunes on your windows system and start enjoying your iPad.

OP
J

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks gudua but my ipad is working great and this has to be a software problem. I think the problem is do in the lack of instructions in installing the program and I am hoping to find somebody that has installed it. In the mean time I have asked Apple itune store to refund me. jim_joh

treesaregreat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
desktop connect works great for me!

Jim Joh!

After you type in your VNC password just Press the NEW COMPUTER button at the top left corner of the screen to save your password and it works great for me!

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you are refering to desktop connect by Antecea Desktop Connect Antecea you need a google account to use it .

not sure if this is what you mean as you mentioned "desktop connect" and "desktop direct" , so perhaps your using
the term in the generic sense instead of product name.

Most reactions

Latest posts