What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desktop Connect - can view, but can't control

visionary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody can help me here.

I purchased and installed Desktop Connect for the iPad. I installed the PC software also (Vista 64bit), and UltraVNC.

I can connect no problem using EasyConnect, however, I can only view whatever happens to be on my desktop screen at the time. I can't actually click anything through the iPad.

Am I missing something very obvious here?

By the way, in case anyone suggests it, I have the 'disable inputs' boxes unticked in the VNC admin properties.

SunnyFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been fighting with Desktop Connect all day just to get connected and was able to connect a time or two but had the same isue only saw what was on the screen with no control.

The strange thing that I notice about the two paswords is that the deafault is desktop but the two passwords have one more dot then desktop would be. I change them back to desktop and they always seeem to change back to the extra dot when I go back and look. I will try and change the view onlty PW to a longer word and see if that helps if I can even get connected again.

DrDave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Teamviewer. Never once had a problem. Even while running heavily interactive i/o intensive apps. And my pc is a little acer netbook. Works great

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Typing this on my iPAD using TeamViewer in win7's message reply box.
It's a free app for personal use.

Most reactions

Latest posts