What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collectibles - what do you collect.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Leelai, Its lovely to share my passion with others and i like to think others get pleasure from seeing them, The only thing that stops me doing more is space, I'm lucky that my hubby loves them too and shares my interest.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Following putting on a few of my Victorian Needle cases i couldn't resist putting on these, Possibly my favourites, The one on the left is Cantonese carving, circa 1850, The carving is wonderful, The Ivory one on the right has a real Turquoise stone in the end.
IMG_0051.JPG

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those look very fragile, but too beautiful for needle cases! I think my needles are all stuck in an old tomatoes pin cushion!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ski-I have one of those too! Stuck with pins and needles! [emoji4] I can't sew. I save stuff for my friends to do when they come to visit![emoji39] you want WHAT?[emoji79]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No they're not fragile at all, The carved one has to be cleaned carefully but they're quite strong, They have survived roughly 150-160 years now, Amazing really when you think about it.
I don't use them though, My pins and needles are stuck in a tatty old pin cushion, You definitely wouldn't want to see that.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ski-I have one of those too! Stuck with pins and needles! [emoji4] I can't sew. I save stuff for my friends to do when they come to visit![emoji39] you want WHAT?[emoji79]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

That tomatoe pin cushion is so old. It's somewhere in my house!! :)

OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just beautiful needle cases Ivy......I've had a look for these here, no luck as yet finding one though! But I do really want one now!:p

I have my needles in those old film canisters.....just not as pretty at all!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, We're lucky here in that respect, There's no shortage if you're willing to pay the price.
Beware though, If you start you may not be able to stop ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts