What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No ipad for 2 months

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My parents took away my new ipad 2, its been about 2 months and they won't tell me when they'll give it back. I saved up my money to buy it and i they took it away just because my older brother attacked me for no reason. They thought i did something to make him attack me but its only because he was fighting over chips with my younger brother so he attacked me out of anger. The hardest part is that I bought a zagg full body screen protector kit (45$), my uncle gave me his ipad 2 case (because he got a new one) and I can't even test out any one of them. So now i'm stuck on this slow and ugly 3rd generation ipod touch ;( FML. Have any one of you got or had a FML situation like this ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear this. Did you explain - politely and reasonably - to your parents exactly what happened, without biasing your explanation in any way? If you were, in some small way, responsible then admit it and they'll admire you for your honesty. One person rarely attacks another for no reason whatsoever and the fact that you were the injured party makes it more difficult to understand. Try and make amends with your older brother, too. If you two could become friends again I'm sure your parents would be very happy.

Tim

OP
tremblayd

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I am sorry to hear this. Did you explain - politely and reasonably - to your parents exactly what happened, without biasing your explanation in any way? If you were, in some small way, responsible then admit it and they'll admire you for your honesty. One person rarely attacks another for no reason whatsoever and the fact that you were the injured party makes it more difficult to understand. Try and make amends with your older brother, too. If you two could become friends again I'm sure your parents would be very happy.

Tim

I have done all of that and they just told me that i'll probably get it at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to the 31 of august !!!  I Fell totally naked without it.

Anyway thanks for the advice. 

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tremblayd said:
I have done all of that and they just told me that i'll probably get it at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to the 31 of august !!!  I Fell totally naked without it.

I am so glad that you have spoken with your parents and now have a timeline for getting your iPad returned. Tim had some wonderful advice for you.
Sadly I think all of us have probably had situations in our lives that have had the same impact. I remember when I was 9 and badly wanted to join swimming classes at school, but with long hair I needed a bathing cap to be able to do it. With no bathing cap I decided to cut my hair so I could attend. Things being as they were back then my dad said he would do it. Well he started but as he couldn't get one side the same length as the other, it kept getting shorter and shorter. Because he kept botching it he thought shaving it up the back was the best thing to do. So on he went and shaved the back up to that bone you can feel at the base of your head and the front sides ended up above my ears he also managed to snip one of my ears. I ended up looking like Moe from the three stooges. I was horrified and had to wear a scarf for 6 months until it grew back and the worst part was I missed out on swimming too as I just wouldn't take that scarf off and couldn't wear it swimming. That was the longest 6 months of my life.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that you have spoken to your parents. I know that parents sometimes can appear to be unkind and unfair but they always have your best interests at heart. One day you will look back on this incident and thank them for their wise council and advice. Be patient too. Being a parent is a very worrying time; most parents would gladly sacrifice their own lives for their children and they worry continually about the future of their kids in the modern day world. Try to make your parents' job easier by not giving them cause for grief.

We look forward to hearing from you again - at least when you get your iPad back.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you explain - politely and reasonably - to your parents exactly what happened, without biasing your explanation in any way? If you were, in some small way, responsible then admit it and they'll admire you for your honesty. One person rarely attacks another for no reason whatsoever and the fact that you were the injured party makes it more difficult to understand. Try and make amends with your older brother, too. If you two could become friends again I'm sure your parents would be very happy.

Tim

Coming from a man with 8, eight, 8 boys.

Excellent advice! You will get it back way before two months.;)

Most reactions